2014 Viper TA -vs- 2015 C7 Z06...

Got-Boost?

I forget where, but I saw a facebook feed on this earlier today where the driver of the Viper said he missed 3rd gear a few times and still won. The Vette driver never once missed a shift out of the 10 races, and lost every time. I'd love to see them race on a road course..

I forget where, but I saw a facebook feed on this earlier today where the driver of the Viper said he missed 3rd gear a few times and still won. The Vette driver never once missed a shift out of the 10 races, and lost every time. I'd love to see them race on a road course..

Tony is a very good guy and doesn't BS.. ;)

vette cant shift worth a shit

How do you figure?

I think the vette is almost a couple hundred pounds heavier at least. Though, I thought the shorter gearing, (or at least it used to be shorter comparatively), would make up for it.

The Vette guy does seem to be shifting a bit slow/clunky. Also, isn't the new Viper TA paddle shift?

Extra info: Viper TA should actually have a slower top speed than the regular flavor Viper due to the added downforce from the Time Attack package.

Both awesome cars but I think I still lean towards the vette. I don't think I've felt that way since the Viper first came out. Just something about this version's styling that seems slightly off.

How do you figure?

Did you see the same vid I did? When the Vette wasn't just flat out missing gears, he was losing a half to whole car lengths on his shifts.

Serious question, is that Viper an automatic? Because, if it isn't, that Vette driver just made it look like one.

Did you see the same vid I did? When the Vette wasn't just flat out missing gears, he was losing a half to whole car lengths on his shifts.

Serious question, is that Viper an automatic? Because, if it isn't, that Vette driver just made it look like one.

Agreed on first part.

However, with image stabilization, I'm not sure you'd be able to tell shifting on a camera mounted to said car. Just a thought.

Agreed on first part.

However, with image stabilization, I'm not sure you'd be able to tell shifting on a camera mounted to said car. Just a thought.

Not sure if I follow what you're saying. To me, it was pretty clear that the Vette wasn't shifting all that well, based on how he was falling behind on so many of his shifts.

Not sure if I follow what you're saying. To me, it was pretty clear that the Vette wasn't shifting all that well, based on how he was falling behind on so many of his shifts.

I agree, the vette guy sucked at shifting. I took your second comment, as due to the video not jerking on each shift, the viper must be an auto.

I was simply saying, the image stabilization and such short time perod of a good shift, would not be captured on video.

Dumb comment, whatever lol. :dumb:

I agree, the vette guy sucked at shifting. I took your second comment, as due to the video not jerking on each shift, the viper must be an auto.

I was simply saying, the image stabilization and such short time perod of a good shift, would not be captured on video.

Dumb comment, whatever lol. :dumb:

Oh, gotcha - now I follow. And I agree with you - we wouldn't be able to tell necessarily if a car is an auto or not based on footage from a camera strapped to it.

Not a dumb comment. Just takes me a while to catch on sometimes. It's part of my charm.

A big part of why the C7 falls behind on his shifts is the difference in their gearing. While the C7 is shifting, the Viper is still wide open in a broader powerband. When the Viper shifts, I think he already has such a pull going on the C7 that the pause isn't as noticeable. The C7 just never has a chance after the first shift pretty much, no matter how well it's shifted. The auto would be a much different race I'm sure.