FORD. FOCUS. RS.

unfunnyryan

http://roa.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/14/47/1280x720/546b480d9a543_-_fordfocusrs_15-lg.jpg

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a6342/2016-ford-focus-rs-first-details-exclusive-insider-info/

We've been hearing rumors that the U.S. will get a Ford Focus RS super-hatch for months. Now we have some exclusive info on what's coming. A Ford source has confirmed to Road & Track that the next-generation Focus RS is likely to come to North America in extremely limited numbers. Unlike its predecessor, it'll be AWD.

The old car (shown above) featured a turbocharged inline 5 pushing 305 hp to the front wheels through what Ford called the RevoKnuckle, to reduce what would otherwise be shoulder-dislocating torque steer. The new car wipes the board clean and starts over. In addition to AWD, the RS will be the only Focus to pack Ford's new 2.3-liter Ecoboost four-cylinder, available now in the Lincoln MKC and very soon in the 2015 Mustang.

300+ (some people guess up to 350) HP AWD hot hatch. Hey Aaron, I think your Golf R replacement is coming :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://roa.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/14/47/1280x720/546b480d9a543_-_fordfocusrs_15-lg.jpg

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a6342/2016-ford-focus-rs-first-details-exclusive-insider-info/

300+ (some people guess up to 350) HP AWD hot hatch. Hey Aaron, I think your Golf R replacement is coming :)

It should be an interesting 2016. Focus RS, Dart SRT, Golf R and R400...

Price point? lol if 40k focus.

This will have the specs to match up against the Evo X (last MY is 15 though), STI, and MK7 Golf R. Expect a price to match as well. 35-40k I'd think.

I haven't read the article, but AWD hadn't been confirmed yet, just rumored. If it comes with AWD, it'll be a great addition to the group. If they leave it out, it'll be another "oh look, an RS" then quickly forgotten.

Oh, and if it is anything like the focus ST, it'll make big numbers in hp/tq, handle well, but ultimately be no faster than the competition.

Hope it comes, competition is good!

There is a culture of "Fast Fords" back in Europe... turbo 4 bangers and a Rs badge have the most cred...expect it to be 40k.

Hoping this spurs the other manufactures else to bring over their cool stuff,especially as a small displacement high hp motors come online.

The price ruins the point of a "hot hatch" to me (not that I'm interested in one either way.) I always assumed the idea of one came from being a cheap and quick toy with some cargo capability. This usually means fwd, some corner cut on quality (cheapo interiors mostly), and a bit of focus on handling and driver feel. This is just an expensive, relatively fast small car. We're talking Bimmer money now. Color me "not excited."

The price ruins the point of a "hot hatch" to me (not that I'm interested in one either way.) I always assumed the idea of one came from being a cheap and quick toy with some cargo capability. This usually means fwd, some corner cut on quality (cheapo interiors mostly), and a bit of focus on handling and driver feel. This is just an expensive, relatively fast small car. We're talking Bimmer money now. Color me "not excited."

:dumb:

Join the 21st century.

FRS is 26k (151tq lol)

WRX is 27k base now.

GTI with sport pack is 27k. (FWD LOL)

A 228 with sports pack is 35k, a 235i with sport pack is 45k.

STI, Evo, Golf Rs are 35k.

Mustang with Track pack is 35k

Camaro 1LE is 38k

Any car worth a damn is going to be 25-40k...

^^ Aaron covered. it.

The only thing I see, is if the market gets more competition with car's like this, MAAAAAAAAybe that can get thnk I want to be price down. But the corners have to be cut somewhere for that, and I don't think I want to be in the car with the lowest price at that point.