Happy trails, Stuart Scott

Orion

I used to skip school with my homies and we would hang out and do whatever, and we always had SportCenter on in the background. Loved his style. His ESPY speech was riveting, especially for anyone who has been touched by cancer, as I have.

Vaya con Dios, Stuart.

*sheds man tears*

RIP Scott, such an inspiration

^^^ THIS.

Cancer is in my family like a relative and I fear it. However I gained a lot of strength watching this video. Two very inspirational people I think.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/espns-stuart-scott-kick-cancers-23376687

Sad day.

I remember watching his espy speech and wondering if it was going to be a jimmy v situation. My thought was right unfortunately.

Merrill Hodge was telling a story about the flag football league they were in. And on the first game they were in the parking lot and Stu parks and gets out. He had the nfl films music blaring and was all taped up ready to go. Lol

I grew up watching him on Sportscenter and it is weird that you will never see him again on ESPN. His speech at the most recent Espys was amazing. His story something to know. He was an inspiration for a lot of people. Sad to see him go. RIP.

I grew up with my father who was a sports FANATIC. ESPN might have been the only working channel in our living room for all I know... because I never saw him watch anything else. Stuart Scott definitely made the programs much more "watchable" and enjoyable for someone who wasn't a sports fanatic at the time (me).

“When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live.” - Stuart Scott

RIP Stuart.

I heard about and talked to people about it yesterday, but spent the day just enjoying sports as he did. Today I'm watching all the videos; Eisen's words, Hannah Storm having to break the news live, everything. It's heart-wrenching. To say this man's family is HUGE is an understatement. Anyone who watched ESPN with any sort of regularity knows what a force he was.

We invited him into our living rooms, he most definitely was part of all of our families. He was the Cronkite to our generation. As he said, cancer didn't win; he won in the way he lived his life, and more importantly in the way he inspired others to live their lives.

I heard about and talked to people about it yesterday, but spent the day just enjoying sports as he did. Today I'm watching all the videos; Eisen's words, Hannah Storm having to break the news live, everything. It's heart-wrenching. To say this man's family is HUGE is an understatement. Anyone who watched ESPN with any sort of regularity knows what a force he was.

We invited him into our living rooms, he most definitely was part of all of our families. He was the Cronkite to our generation. As he said, cancer didn't win; he won in the way he lived his life, and more importantly in the way he inspired others to live their lives.

Preach

I, like many others in here, grew up with him on SC. My school mornings were cereal on the couch watching SC and I remember it and him very well. definitely made the experience more enjoyable. hate to see another good person die from cancer....too many too soon.