Horrible Deadlifts From The Crossfit Games

Geeesammy

Cult gatherings to pump each other up. They call it working out.

I get that, but at the same time the people that I know that are into it are in the best shape of their life and in better shape than 99.9%+ of the population. These aren't previously sedentary people either. The people that are honest that are into it will fully admit, and think the benefit is the community of people surrounding each other, trying to push each other to get stronger. It really seems like an overall positive community. I also see all kinds of flabby people making fun of crossfit, which is hilarious. The bigger issue I have with it is that it seems like a good, better way than most, way to get hurt working out. I get that they can be annoying and it's probably a fad, but the results I've seen are hard to deny.

I get that, but at the same time the people that I know that are into it are in the best shape of their life and in better shape than 99.9%+ of the population. These aren't previously sedentary people either. The people that are honest that are into it will fully admit, and think the benefit is the community of people surrounding each other, trying to push each other to get stronger. It really seems like an overall positive community. I also see all kinds of flabby people making fun of crossfit, which is hilarious. The bigger issue I have with it is that it seems like a good, better way than most, way to get hurt working out. I get that they can be annoying and it's probably a fad, but the results I've seen are hard to deny.

Those same results can be achieved with plenty of other regimens. Only thing I see crossfit good for, is a sense of community for people who lack motivation. Otherwise, most of these people plateau rather quickly shortly after their introduction into crossfit due to the modified forms, or poor form in general, and that's how they get hurt- they try to one-up themselves and go too far.

Yeah but if they did actual exercises and proper form, they'd be in even BETTER shape.

Been doing crossfit for about three years now. I'm no fitness god by any means, but I'm in the best shape of my life. I'm not really into the community atmosphere though I have met a lot of very good people.

I will say this about the video.... I HATE high volume/weight deadlifts. i'm not good at them. I hurt myself almost every time. But I know that now. I tend to not go to the gym when I see them in a workout.

it's all about knowing YOUR limits

Those same results can be achieved with plenty of other regimens. Only thing I see crossfit good for, is a sense of community for people who lack motivation. Otherwise, most of these people plateau rather quickly shortly after their introduction into crossfit due to the modified forms, or poor form in general, and that's how they get hurt- they try to one-up themselves and go too far.

Many different paths to the same end goal.....

but for sure poor form leads to injuries much easier

I will say this about the video.... I HATE high volume/weight deadlifts. i'm not good at them. I hurt myself almost every time. But I know that now. I tend to not go to the gym when I see them in a workout.

it's all about knowing YOUR limits

did you say high volume/weight deadlifts?