College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fucking did too and still haven't gotten it. Pisses me off- I did it Sunday.

A coworker of mine bought 1000 copies yesterday. He has already been selling them on Ebay for $15+ profit after shipping!

Looking at the 2002 papers going on Ebay for $25+ I think he made a pretty sound investment. Even if he sits on them for a few years he will make a killer profit.

-Marc

The Dispatch's website. It was $6.99 so I bought it Sunday thinking that I'd not have to go out and deal with the hassle Tuesday.

You apprently didnt pay attention when you ordered it

Prices include shipping. Please allow four weeks for delivery.

Odd, i paid 8 (shipped) for mine. Coming from Zanesville.

People are dumb i guess.... Myself included for not getting one for a buck yesterday.

Odd, i paid 8 (shipped) for mine. Coming from Zanesville.

People are dumb i guess.... Myself included for not getting one for a buck yesterday.

It's amazing what sells on ebay and what doesnt haha

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=columbus+dispatch&_sop=1

I think the win over Penn State was pivotal and a lot more important than what a lot of people perceive. I think Penn State has a really good defense and that it said a lot about Ohio State's ability to persevere under adverse conditions against a solid defense. I think it also allowed Ohio State to be "battle-tested" heading into the Michigan State game. And that sack by Bosa to end the game was just hands-down fucking epic.

I think the win over Penn State was pivotal and a lot more important than what a lot of people perceive. I think Penn State has a really good defense and that it said a lot about Ohio State's ability to persevere under adverse conditions against a solid defense. I think it also allowed Ohio State to be "battle-tested" heading into the Michigan State game. And that sack by Bosa to end the game was just hands-down fucking epic.

That sack will be on hype videos for years to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-WHMrK2LCo

Something to consider: as long as the playoff is 4 teams, no one can have a more impressive resume than Ohio State. Ohio state beat the #1 seed and then the #2 seed as the #4 seed. You can't do any better than that in that format.

Also, I'm interested in knowing how many teams have ended the season beating the #1 and #2 teams in back-to-back weeks. I remember not long ago Alabama and Florida playing each other as #1/#2 in the SEC CG, and then the winner going on to win the BCS NCG. Ohio State had a chance to do it in 2006 (or, at least, beat #2 twice in successive fashion).

Of course, Ohio State's resume will loose a little luster next year when the playoff happens again and the two mega games have to be won to win the playoff. Unless Ohio State does it again next year...

Most difficult games of the year that we won, from most to least:

1. Alabama

2. Penn State

3. Oregon

4. Michigan State

5. Minnesota

6. Indiana

7. Navy

8. Who cares, all pretty much equal in terms of easiness

What do you think? Yes, accurate?

I am going to bring this back up for a second because I am baffled how this happened

"TCU AP rankings by the week in 2014

Preseason- Week 5: Not Ranked

Week 6: 25

Week 7: 9th"

Week 5: TCU beats #4 Oklahoma. TCU is ranked 25th at the time

Week 6: TCU loses to #5 Baylor. TCU is ranked 9th at this point in time (jumped 16 spots by beating Oklahoma)

Week 7: TCU beats #15 Oklahoma St. TCU is ranked 12th at this point (only dropped 3 by losing to Baylor)

^^ That to me shows just how little importance the AP poll should have, but it also shows me just how much importance it has.

On the flip side

OSU is preseason #5

Week 2: OSU now #8 after beating Navy

Week 3: OSU #22 after loss to Virginia Tech

Week 4: #22 after beating Kent St

Week 5: #20 after beating Cincy

Week 6: #13 after beating Maryland

Week 7: #13 after beating Rutgers

Week 8: #16 after beating Penn State

Week 9: #14 after beating Illinois

Week 10: #8 after beating Michigan State

Week 11: #6 after beating Minnesota

Week 12: #6 After beating Indiana

Week 13: #5 after beating Michigan

Week 14: #4 after beating Wisconsin

Think about how long it took OSU to fight their way back into the conversation compared to TCU's climb.

TCU beat:

#4 Oklahoma 5 loss team

#15 Oklahoma State 6 loss team

#20 West Virginia 6 loss team

#7 Kansas State 4 loss team

OSU beat:

#8 Michigan State 2 loss team (both to participants in NCG)

#25 Minnesota 5 loss team

#13 Wisconsin 3 loss team

Most difficult games of the year that we won, from most to least:

1. Alabama

2. Penn State

3. Oregon

4. Michigan State

5. Minnesota

6. Indiana

7. Navy

8. Who cares, all pretty much equal in terms of easiness

What do you think? Yes, accurate?

I would put Michigan State at 3. We gave the ball away 4 times playing Oregon and still won by 22. We gave the ball away 2x against MSU and won by 12.

Just to think of it, if tOSU stop giving the ball away in big games, the Oregon, MSU, and Minnesota games would have been blow outs.

Herbstreit was talking about that game and gave some behind the scenes stuff about it at some point during the national championship broadcast. I think it may have been after. Basically it was this team's 2012 MSU game. The turning point in the season where the team went from 8 units to 1 unit. No matter what happened from there on out everyone was playing for each other before anything else. JT going out there in OT and leading them to a win with a 2nd degree MCL sprain... Mickey Marotti told him in the locker room that he was the toughest player he'd ever been around. Herbie was sitting next to Tebow at that point so Herbie was like... "Of course Mick probably just blanked on you for a second..." :dumb:

Also, toss in Miss St and Ole Miss, who, IIRC, were ALSO unranked at the beginning of the season.

Miss State:

Week 1: Unranked

Week 2: Unranked

Week 3: Unranked

Week 4: Uranked

Week 5: #12 (Beat then #8 LSU in week 4)

Week 6: #3 (Beat then #6 Texas A&M in week 5)

Week 7: #1 (Beat then #4 Auburn in week 6)

So basically in a 3 week span they went from unranked to #1 by beating teams that finished with 5 losses each by seasons end haha

Ole Miss:

Week 1-2: Unranked

Week 3: #14 (Beat Vanderbilt in week 2)

Week 4: Bye week

Week 5: #11

Week 6: #3 (Beat Alabama)

So they jumped from Unranked in week 2, all the way to #3 in week 6...simply because they beat Alabama lol

I would put Michigan State at 3. We gave the ball away 4 times playing Oregon and still won by 22. We gave the ball away 2x against MSU and won by 12.

Just to think of it, if tOSU stop giving the ball away in big games, the Oregon, MSU, and Minnesota games would have been blow outs.

I'd add Alabama to that list too. They were living on our mistakes in the first 20 minutes of that game.

A friend of mine who is a strength and agility trainer pointed out something that I think makes sense RE: fumbles. A lot of these guys are 18-20 and still growing into their bodies and abilities. Coach Mick has basically made these physically immature bodies into NFL bodies in a short period of time. The younger players are still having a hard time learning to control their bodies. They are such insane athletes that they do things that they didnt really know they could do and just kind of go out of control. When this happens they have a breakdown in ball security and it leads to turnovers.

So as these players grow into their abilities, so their ball security should get better.

The fumble by Elliott/Cardale was a mixup. Cardale tried handing the ball off, pulled it back, then tried handing it off again. The fumble by Corey Smith just adds to a frustrating season from him. He shows signs of being really good, but then shows signs of just not being ready to step into the role.

How many fumbles did Elliott have this year?

NVM found it, he had 2. One against Maryland the other came against Bama

In how many carries?

Also, that Corey Smith fumble was actually just a damn good play by the Oregon defender. He had the ball in his outside arm, had it into his body, but when you are going flat out, and the other guy is too, and he puts his helmet dead on that football, it's coming out a pretty high percentage of the time. I go over to him on the sidelines and say "Great play, we'll get'em next time".

The fumble by Corey Smith just adds to a frustrating season from him. He shows signs of being really good, but then shows signs of just not being ready to step into the role.

Exactly what is he not doing that he should be? I think he did fine. He's dynamic. And that block he put on the one dude and got ejected was (a) legal and (b) awesome.

Miss State:

Week 1: Unranked

Week 2: Unranked

Week 3: Unranked

Week 4: Uranked

Week 5: #12 (Beat then #8 LSU in week 4)

Week 6: #3 (Beat then #6 Texas A&M in week 5)

Week 7: #1 (Beat then #4 Auburn in week 6)

So basically in a 3 week span they went from unranked to #1 by beating teams that finished with 5 losses each by seasons end haha

Ole Miss:

Week 1-2: Unranked

Week 3: #14 (Beat Vanderbilt in week 2)

Week 4: Bye week

Week 5: #11

Week 6: #3 (Beat Alabama)

So they jumped from Unranked in week 2, all the way to #3 in week 6...simply because they beat Alabama lol

Dat SEC doe

Exactly what is he not doing that he should be? I think he did fine. He's dynamic. And that block he put on the one dude and got ejected was (a) legal and (b) awesome.

+1

My vote for best hit all season was on Baylor's kicker