College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

My dad said it best, "The kid already has a legacy here that will last forever, all he can do by staying is hurt that legacy. Take the money and run my boy, and know that you do it with Buckeye nations blessing and sincere gratitude."

I have also heard from three different sources that doctors have told Brax that there is a good chance that his days throwing a football are over. These are usually reliable sources, but that info, in my opinion, is HIGHLY suspect. Take it with a big grain of salt.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad said it best, "The kid already has a legacy here that will last forever, all he can do by staying is hurt that legacy. Take the money and run my boy, and know that you do it with Buckeye nations blessing and sincere gratitude."

I have also heard from three different sources that doctors have told Brax that there is a good chance that his days throwing a football are over. These are usually reliable sources, but that info, in my opinion, is HIGHLY suspect. Take it with a big grain of salt.

Your father is a wise man.

And Braxton is brittle. I don't care if his doctors tell me his shoulder has been replaced with adamantium - I don't want him under center for my team.

Yep, this spot is JT Barrett's to lose. Cardale is smart. I'll be sad to see him go, but eternally grateful for what he's done. Three games to become an OSU legend.

That said, Barrett is my early Heisman favorite. If he has a season even remotely similar to this season, he'll win it in a landslide.

It's a great time to be a Buckeye!

Yep, this spot is JT Barrett's to lose. Cardale is smart. I'll be sad to see him go, but eternally grateful for what he's done. Three games to become an OSU legend.

That said, Barrett is my early Heisman favorite. If he has a season even remotely similar to this season, he'll win it in a landslide.

It's a great time to be a Buckeye!

The only preseason threat I see to JT winning the Heisman is Boykin, the QB at TCU. He put up really good numbers last year and should be expected to do the same. However, I think that, if they both do equally as well, they'll award the Heisman to JT. I think JT's season last year - and it ending kind of tragically with the injury - will be a nice ace up his sleeve and a tie breaker.

Besides, if JT does well, and Ohio State does well, then he'll be the best player on the best team (or one of the best teams) in the nation, and that's always a great combo for winning the Heisman.

And now I'm getting ahead of myself thinking of all the additional hardware Ohio State might collect in the next year or two...

I think Miami of 2001 is likely the greatest CFB team of all time, or certainly of the modern era. The only other team that I think is in the discussion with them is the 1995 Nebraska team.

According to this article, only 1 team that was better than Ohio State was the 1995 Nebraska team. Pretty interesting...

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/ohio-states-season-was-a-crazy-outlier/

According to this article, only 1 team that was better than Ohio State was the 1995 Nebraska team. Pretty interesting...

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/ohio-states-season-was-a-crazy-outlier/

That's fair that team was so sick it's stupid. Many people were excluding teams pre '98 right?

WR Mike Thomas has been tweeting some colorful things to say the least. Either he is trolling the shit out of the media/fans or he too is planning on declaring for the NFL

Mike Thomas @Cantguardmike · 59m 59 minutes ago

“@OhioStFootball: Press Conference has been moved to 4pm. Both @CJ12_ & @Cantguardmike will speak”

Mike Thomas @Cantguardmike · 1h 1 hour ago

Not the first decision me and @CJ12_ have made together

^^ They went to Fork Union together and Jones was the main reason Thomas came to Ohio State

Mike Thomas @Cantguardmike · 2h 2 hours ago

“@treydayy_: @Cantguardmike Dynasty?” You have all the talent to why not ? Im going to miss Matt drills ..... Not

Mike Thomas retweeted

Corey Smith Jr @dreamchaser_cj5 · 2h 2 hours ago

Mike Thomas to join cardale at 3 o clock

“@CoachZachSmith: @dreamchaser_cj5 you all better stop playin!! @Cantguardmike ” I blame you coach for gettin me ready no one can guard me

“@dreamchaser_cj5: Mike Thomas to join cardale at 3 o clock ” #bosashrug

User Actions

Following

Mike Thomas

‏@Cantguardmike

To stay or to Go @treydayy_

I think Thomas has an NFL body, just not sure he is NFL ready. If he does happen to leave, then OSU will have to replace their top 3 WR's next year

If Dixon was worth the hype he could be a good filler, Corey Smith will step up, he has no choice to. Jalin will still be there, Dontre as well.

Thomas would be "nice" to have, however I dont think its the end of the world.

The bigger question is getting a blocker like Spencer....The zone read needs that wide receiver to block like a TE

I think Corey Smith fills the role of Spencer, it's been shown that the kid enjoys contact. Hopefully Dixon or Marshall can turn into the Devin Smith, deep ball threat.

If Thomas were to declare today, my starting 3 WR's would be

Corey Smith, Marshall and Wilson (H Back)

I saw that too, Devin will do well in the NFL.

I do have a pretty big concern about losing Jeff Heurerman, but I think Nick Vanette can fill a lot of his role. Anyone know what kind of Tight End roster we have behind those 2?

Marcus Baugh was pretty touted coming out of highschool, he caught a TD pass this year as well.

What if Cardale announces he is coming back? We are all assuming that Jones is leaving, which he probably is, but what if?

He would be stupid not too. I'd love to see him stay, there's a lot we could do with him and Barrett in the backfield, but his draft stock only goes down from here, not up. Leaving on a healthy note with damn good game tape and a ring over other NFL prospects is about the best thing he can do for his family. Absolute worst case, he gets a scouting team gig making 6 figures.

I just got into the world of twitter and follow some of the OSU guys. Tyvis Powell cracks me up, for as much as he pisses me off on the field, he makes up for it on twitter

Tyvis Powell ‏@1Tyvis 8m8 minutes ago

12 could've let me know what the decision was. I'm his father and his roommate for Christ sake. You think you know a guy....

Tyvis Powell ‏@1Tyvis 1m1 minute ago

Whether 12 go or stay, Rent is still due on the 1st and I'm gone have my half!