College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohio State playing with ticket prices once again..

Penn State will be $125

Michigan State will be $150

All other games will be $79

Students will be paying $34 still

Western Michigan is $64 IIRC

Needed him after Davis left for Auburn. And he keeps a nice little pipeline to STA open.

4* DE Porter Gustin out of Utah announces tomorrow at 1PM ET. Some twitter rumors going around earlier tonight that he called USC and informed them that he was going to OSU. A lot of OSU people aren't buying that though. So sounds pretty much like a coin flip there.

Unfortunately more people are starting to think 4* RB Mike Weber is going to flip to Michigan. He flipped from Michigan to OSU in mid-December so it's not like it's a kid OSU has had for a very long time. If he flips then I think Marotti and the strength and conditioning staff need to work on bulking up Samuel a bit to help Zeke more this season.

People still believe 4* WR KJ Hill out of Arkansas ends up signing with OSU and that OSU has a very good chance of landing 4* OT Isaiah Prince out of Maryland as well.

What I'm hoping for...

Keep Weber, land Gustin, Hill and Prince, don't care about Gibson.

What I'm expecting...

Lose Weber, land Hill and Prince, still don't care about Gibson.

I don't think Weber is going to flip, not from what I have read online.

There's one guy in particular who has good sources at Weber's HS and he said he thought there was a good chance he'd be flipping as of Friday and now he thinks he definitely will be. Said he can explain better tomorrow morning after the dust settles but can't say a ton right now since he doesn't want to burn bridges at that school. But it seems he's shared the info with some other "insider" types and they're all buying it.

Kid was wearing an OSU shirt when he received his player of the usad award last week... I feel Weber stays with OSU, Gustin goes to USC simply because if the relationship with fellow class members.

If Weber does in fact flip, so be it. I'm not gonna lie and say I think he's gonna be the next great back at osu. If anything, I feel he has Mike Hart written all over him. Has a similar body structure and speed. I believe one of the 16' guys will be the next great OSU back. Remember when Dunn was the next great one? Some guy named Ezekiel Elliott said otherwise.

I think Weber has Mike Hart written all over him too and I want that. Dude was great at Michigan. He was a little punk with a big mouth but on the field you couldn't deny his ability. 5,600+ yards and 43 TD's in 4 years. I don't know if he'd ever start at OSU and I don't know if he'll ever start at Michigan but he would be a great back to have in the stable to bring in to spell your workhorse.

In the most awkward announcment ever, Gustin chose USC over OSU. His dad spoke 99% of the time, rather than the kid. I fully expected his dad to verbal to a college today lol.

Seems like his dad made the decision for him. I bet the kid wanted to go to OSU and dad said No.

Little Bosa will absolutely be at OSU. Probably announce in July or August.

There is a lot of shit that could go down tomorrow but right now, cutting through the bullshit, it seems people expect OSU to keep Weber and Gibson, land Prince and Hill and maybe lose Alabi.

Cass Tech (school in Detroit where current Buckeye Damon Webb is from and current commits Weber and Alabi are from) is coached by Thomas Wilcher who played football at Michigan with Harbaugh. There was some weird shit happening over the last week or so with Harbaugh and the Cass Tech kids and some stuff may be coming out tomorrow depending on what happens.

Alabi stuck with his commitment as did Gibson. Also reading that OSU was able to flip Hill, but wont announce officially until 9:30. Apparently Gibson requested a LOI from LSU and OSU because he was torn between the two late in the process. It will be interesting to see how his career unfolds, I look for him to be asked to switch to WR at some point, that will either lead him to accepting the switch or becoming a potential transfer imo.

Exactly, he will start out at QB and in my opinion will be asked to switch over to WR after a year or two. Who know's though, maybe he'll light it up as a qb, we have 4-5 years to find out.

Ediit: 4* OL Isaiah Prince commits to OSU. I believe this class has 6 OL in it now.

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Should know on Weber within the next 30 minutes or so. If they keep him then it's 4/4 on the day. Basically beat Bama for 2 commits today with Hill (they were pushing HARD for him over the last week) and Prince (was committed to Bama a week and a half ago).

So the Weber announcement was interesting to say the least. Was supposed to declare at 10, pushed that back to 10:30, 10:45 when they finally got around to calling his name he was not in the building. Announced he was still making up his mind, at nearly 11 he chose OSU, says he will only be in college for 3 years...

This years class:

QB Torrance Gibson

QB Joey Burrow

RB Mike Weber

OL Isaiah Prince

OL Grant Schmidt (Early Enrollee)

OL Mathew Burrell

OL Mirko Jurkovic

OL Kevin Feder

OL Brandon Bowen

WR K. J. Hill

WR A.J. Alexander

WR Alex Stump

TE Rashod Berry

DL Jashon Cornell (Early Enrollee)

DL Davon Hamilton

DL Robert Landers

DL Dre'Mont Jones

DL Joshua Alabi

LB Justin Hilliard

LB Jerome Baker

LB Nick Conner (Early Enrollee)

DB Damon Arnette

DB Joshua Norwood

DB Denzel Ward

DB Eric Glover Williams

DB Jamel Dean (Early Enrollee)

LS Liam McCullough

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Right now it's the #6 class according to ESPN. The surprise team to me is Tennessee, they are #4, I haven't looked at their class but I imagine they have about 32 committed players right now. After Tennessee it's UCLA as the team that is having an amazing signing day.