College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely prefer the 247composite because certain services are better at rating different regions than others so it averages them out. All of the stuff about Bama not having the #1 class and OSU beating them/winning 100% of the CFP national titles is just messing with jive.

Espn ratings are a joke and severely biased. 247 is probably the most even keel out of all the sites that rank highschool kids. I was just busting jives balls, USC's class is really good though on paper. I feel like they are about to be back and the kings of Pac12.

I wouldn't base all your facts on rivals. Other sites are reporting Bama had the #1 class.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Bama fan but I would not jump to conclusions just because OSU beat them one year.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Not just rivals, Scouts has USC at 1 and Bama at 2 as well.

nsd-top-10-classes-2015.jpg

In non college football news, the Dolphins are showing just how desperate the NFL is to get people back in the stands

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12284494/miami-dolphins-build-living-room-suites-sun-life-stadium?src=mobile&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elevenwarriors.com%2Fforum%2Fother-sports%2F2015%2F02%2F49786%2Fdolphins-to-renovate-seating-in-crazy-way%22%7D

I heard this would happen in the next 10 years a couple years ago. The problem with the NFL in my opinion is a lot of people are fans of fantasy football more than they are of the NFL its self. Be interesting to see how many teams follow suit with this and just where the NFL is in terms of attendance in a few years.

Idk how credible this is, but it would be a huge blow imo to Ohio State

FootballScoop Staff @FootballScoop

Follow

wow RT @BradBiggs: NFL source says #Bears are expected to hire Stan Drayton as running backs coach. He has served in that role at Ohio State

5:13 PM - 5 Feb 2015

Oh yeah a way too early 2016 mock draft

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

Bosa #1

Cardale #2

Zeke #14

For those who aren't too sure about Walter football, they seem to do a pretty decent job with their mocks every year. Mel Kiper said that if Cardale were to come back next year he is a sure fire top 5 draft pick, so Walter's picks might not be too far off.

In non college football news, the Dolphins are showing just how desperate the NFL is to get people back in the stands

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12284494/miami-dolphins-build-living-room-suites-sun-life-stadium?src=mobile&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elevenwarriors.com%2Fforum%2Fother-sports%2F2015%2F02%2F49786%2Fdolphins-to-renovate-seating-in-crazy-way%22%7D

I heard this would happen in the next 10 years a couple years ago. The problem with the NFL in my opinion is a lot of people are fans of fantasy football more than they are of the NFL its self. Be interesting to see how many teams follow suit with this and just where the NFL is in terms of attendance in a few years.

I was a season ticket holder for the Dolphins when I lived down their. Sun Life stadium and the tail gating is insane. We spent half the games drinking and partying and never actually went in lol. Never cared about the Dolphins but their fan base and experience is top notch.

Lot of talk coming out now that Mike Weber is upset about Drayton leaving. Apparently he took down #buckeyenation and #osurunningback off his bio after posting the previous tweet. I find it funny that this kid feels like he was lied to, when rumors of him secretly going on an official to Michigan last weekend surfaced this week.

I was a season ticket holder for the Dolphins when I lived down their. Sun Life stadium and the tail gating is insane. We spent half the games drinking and partying and never actually went in lol. Never cared about the Dolphins but their fan base and experience is top notch.

So much http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/rage/jackie-chan-troll-smiley-emoticon.png

Lot of talk coming out now that Mike Weber is upset about Drayton leaving. Apparently he took down #buckeyenation and #osurunningback off his bio after posting the previous tweet. I find it funny that this kid feels like he was lied to, when rumors of him secretly going on an official to Michigan last weekend surfaced this week.

Has a bit of a "me" complex.

Drayton has been.interviewing for jobs for 2 years now. It shouldnt be a HUGE surprise honestly

I could really care less if the kid ends up at OSU to be honest, as I said in another post, I feel like the next great OSU back is one of the 3 that will be in the 2016 class. I believe he has to come to OSU now that he is committed unless they let him out of it, if not I feel he becomes a transfer candidate at some point in his career.

Weber's lead recruiter was Coombs, not Drayton. Coombs handles Detroit. I'm sure Drayton had a lot to do with his recruitment as his future position coach but know that Weber's best relationship on staff is with Coombs.

With that said... I knew about Drayton and the Bears 2-3 days ago. They offered and told him he had 2 days to decide. So who knows if he had made up his mind or not before working to keep Weber on signing day. Hell, maybe the whole Weber saga made him like the idea of not having to recruit in the NFL.

As far as Walker is concerned for 2016... Ed Warinner is the point man on that one. Walker called Warinner specifically as the team went from the hotel to AT&T Stadium to let him know he was going to tweet his commitment at halftime.

I'm sure Urban will find a solid replacement. Pretty funny... one of the 2 names popping up for his replacement is Vince Marrow from Kentucky. Recently turned down the TE coaching job at Michigan. With the way Kentucky's recruiting class tanked at the end I'm sure he'd love to jump ship. Another name is Tony Alford, current WR coach at Notre Dame. Crossed paths with Urban for a year when Urban was a WR coach at CSU and Alford was a RB for CSU.

Very early hypothetical but if it's Marrow they could just slide Hinton over to RB's since he's coached that before and Marrow hasn't. If it's Alford, he played RB and coached RB's for most of his career.

Apparently they didn't straight up offer the job 2-3 days ago. They let it be known that they wanted to interview him and he had 2 days to decide if he wanted the interview or not before they moved on to their next candidate. He went out to Chicago yesterday for the interview, they offered and he accepted. So it's not like he had accepted the job then he and Urban kept it from Weber. There was definite interest but he didn't even have a firm offer until yesterday. So there was absolutely nothing scummy or immoral about this situation. The timing makes it look questionable but when you look at the facts it was perfectly fine. Nothing like say TCU whose DC held off on announcing his retirement until after they had their class secured.

Unfortunately no one outside of OSU fans will look at the facts and this will just be another dirty thing OSU and Urban Meyer did to win.

Waaaah, my free college education, and shot at the pros was ruined when I was tricked into agreeing to play for one of the most successful football programs in the country, with a consensus top 3 currently active head coach, who also happen to be the current National Champion's.

Release this doofus if he's actually salty (which is anybody's guess) about it.

Apparently they didn't straight up offer the job 2-3 days ago. They let it be known that they wanted to interview him and he had 2 days to decide if he wanted the interview or not before they moved on to their next candidate. He went out to Chicago yesterday for the interview, they offered and he accepted. So it's not like he had accepted the job then he and Urban kept it from Weber. There was definite interest but he didn't even have a firm offer until yesterday. So there was absolutely nothing scummy or immoral about this situation. The timing makes it look questionable but when you look at the facts it was perfectly fine. Nothing like say TCU whose DC held off on announcing his retirement until after they had their class secured.

Unfortunately no one outside of OSU fans will look at the facts and this will just be another dirty thing OSU and Urban Meyer did to win.

OSU fans arent even looking at the facts. They are WAY overblowing this.

OSU fans arent even looking at the facts. They are WAY overblowing this.

Yeah, I couldn't believe what I was reading on reddit last night. "This is shady." "I don't want to trade morality for titles." They were freaking out about the "oversigning" (obviously the staff has a much better understanding of the numbers in-house than anyone outside just looking at names on a list - Urban said we're at 85 or 86 on signing day - not the 91 that everyone keeps spouting), Drayton and then the KJ Hill thing. I was downvoting OSU fans left and right.

Yeah, I couldn't believe what I was reading on reddit last night. "This is shady." "I don't want to trade morality for titles." They were freaking out about the "oversigning" (obviously the staff has a much better understanding of the numbers in-house than anyone outside just looking at names on a list - Urban said we're at 85 or 86 on signing day - not the 91 that everyone keeps spouting), Drayton and then the KJ Hill thing. I was downvoting OSU fans left and right.

There is a moron on there today saying that this is a "travesty" and that Weber was "misled and induced into signing a contract"

Seriously, wtf?!

Clearly Mike Weber was an unknowing agent of Harbaugh. Through his NFL connections, he setup the Bears organization to offer Drayton the job when it was clear Weber was not going to flip back to Michigan. Having used his telepathic powers to comb Drayton's mind for weakness, he saw in his heart he desired a seat on an NFL staff. The timing was such to cause the desired, and inevitable internet smear campaign against Ohio State, reducing the media coverage of Michigan's abysmal recruiting class. The Harbaugh is pure khaki-evil, and conniving and clever.

Cass tech coach going off on Urban. I'll post the details after class today, basically saying this is Urbana fault and Weber and family are pissed, feel Weber was lied to which is quite ironic, not mad at Drayton LOL.whah fucking whah, let the kid go..I told you Mike Hart pt.2, kid just seems like more issues with his mouth than he is worth.