College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

GF wants to go. Shes alumni there. The shoe only holds like 110k people, and its usually full even with high priced paid games. Im having a hard time believing that unless you get there at like 7am, you're going to get in.

Last time 8k showed up. It will all depend on temp. If it really is 20* that day you will still see another low showing I bet < 20k. Unfortunately if you brought it inside you'd easily max the 19k the Schott can handle.

Also, Jones' declaration is supposed to be today. My money says that someone who didnt come to play school is going to go pro.

Today is the deadline to say yey or nay, I support him going off and collecting a check. He is a better fit for the Pros then Manziel, or Tebow ever were in my opinion.

Edited by Turbs3000

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found out I don't have to work on the 24th. Weather says it's suppose to be 23 for a high. I'm sure it won't be that by 11am. I am planning on going. I'll just wear a bunch of layers. I wonder if we'll be allowed to tailgate beforehand.

Last time 8k showed up. It will all depend on temp. If it really is 20* that day you will still see another low showing I bet < 20k. Unfortunately if you bought it inside you'd easily max the 19k the Schott can handle.

Today is the deadline to say yey or nay, I support him going off and collecting a check. He is a better fit for the Pros then Manziel, or Tebow ever were in my opinion.

8k people and 20* i can handle. Ill just wear my snowboarding apparel and take a flask :lolguy:

Love it. Just do me a favor and don't throw it away after the super bowl. I'd like to put it on my car :)

True.

Which is why they need to put a retractable roof on Ohio Stadium. Then we can host Superbowls.

I'm assuming you are partially kidding but back when I worked there/went there I used to always hope that. I would think the biggest detractor would be it destroys the look of one of the most iconic stadiums in the US. But, an inflatable one would be awesome. We could host a bowl, Superbowl bids, concerts, and a whole slew of other events that would kill for something inside that sites 110k. Columbus can handle it and it would bring great things her in my mind.

I'm assuming you are partially kidding but back when I worked there/went there I used to always hope that. I would think the biggest detractor would be it destroys the look of one of the most iconic stadiums in the US. But, an inflatable one would be awesome. We could host a bowl, Superbowl bids, concerts, and a whole slew of other events that would kill for something inside that sites 110k. Columbus can handle it and it would bring great things her in my mind.

I am not kidding in the least.

I would propose trying to keep as much as the original structure - the Horseshoe - as possible, and that way all the history buffs can stay happy. But, I'd also note that, eventually, the thing is going to crumble to the ground. So, I'd advocate for being proactive and reforming things in a way that (1) revitalizes the structure (2) retains what history we can retain and (3) benefits our community, the city, and our local economy. Also, I'm against not changing something just for not changing's sake. It's progress and evolution and, done correctly, it's awesome.

I guess the primary problem would be that it's something owned by Ohio State, not like a private company or person (like Jerry Jones), and that would cause a bunch of issues when it comes to who gets profits for things like the Superbowl. However, I'd note that Ohio Stadium has hosted non-OSU events before and that's worked out.

I completely agree with everything else you said.

Edited. Fake twitter accounts report fakeness

Cardale decision at 3:00

Just saw him tweet "Life changing decision at 3PM"

He is gonzo, and good for him. Talk about taking advantage of an opportunity, man. What a last two months this kid has had.

Urban walks into QB recruits living room, says "Son, QB's at OSU get drafted after 3 games. Who else can offer you that?"

Edited. Fake twitter accounts report fakeness

Cardale decision at 3:00

Fake twitter account probably still right though. Presser is in Cleveland at his HS, not in Columbus. Location usually tells the tale. I don't think he would have started over JT this year anyway. With him going there are basically 5 QB's in the draft... Winston, Mariota, Hundley, Petty and Cardale. People saying he could easily go 2nd round.

Before JT broke his ankle vs. Michigan Cardale was leaving after this season anyway (transfer). So now he's still leaving but he helped bring OSU a national title and he's going to the NFL instead. Insane. Never started a game in the Shoe. Only started games in NFL stadiums (Colts, Saints, Cowboys) and won them all.

Redshirt freshman Stephen Collier will end up getting most of the 1st team reps in spring with JT still limited and no idea on Braxton.

Fake twitter account probably still right though. Presser is in Cleveland at his HS, not in Columbus. Location usually tells the tale. I don't think he would have started over JT this year anyway. With him going there are basically 5 QB's in the draft... Winston, Mariota, Hundley, Petty and Cardale. People saying he could easily go 2nd round.

Before JT broke his ankle vs. Michigan Cardale was leaving after this season anyway (transfer). So now he's still leaving but he helped bring OSU a national title and he's going to the NFL instead. Insane. Never started a game in the Shoe. Only started games in NFL stadiums (Colts, Saints, Cowboys) and won them all.

Redshirt freshman Stephen Collier will end up getting most of the 1st team reps in spring with JT still limited and no idea on Braxton.

He might as well put "Certified College Football Badass" on his resume.

I hope he goes. Not only is it a great ending, but, selfishly, it helps alleviate my angst about the QB situation next year.

DJ - yup, before we know it, Ohio State is going to be the new Quarterback U. It was already Tailback U (and will continue to be with Elliot's success).

Zack - I think I heard today that as many as 8 teams in NFL will or may be looking for a QB in the draft, and I instantly thought, "Fuck, if I'm Cardale, then I'm out and in that draft for sure." And if you're a sure-fire 2nd round (or even 3rd round) pick, then I think you have to go. I never fault anyone for trying to make a living. Selfishly, I wish everyone stayed and made this massive Voltron unbeatable OSU mega team, but business is business and people need to make a career for themselves. I don't begrudge a man who makes his money, ever.

Besides, this will only add to his lore and mystique.

Besides, this will only add to his lore and mystique.

I still can't get over the fact that he's going to have never started a single game in Ohio Stadium or any college stadium. B1G title, CFP semifinal win over Bama and a national title. 3-0... 3 of the 4 biggest wins for OSU since the 2002 national title game (the other of the 4 being the #1 vs. #2 Michigan game).

I still can't get over the fact that he's going to have never started a single game in Ohio Stadium or any college stadium. B1G title, CFP semifinal win over Bama and a national title. 3-0... 3 of the 4 biggest wins for OSU since the 2002 national title game (the other of the 4 being the #1 vs. #2 Michigan game).

Seriously nuts. Just bonkers. I have a hard time acknowledging that it's real.