Free Community College? THANKS OBAMA!

CRed05

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/01/08/obama-free-community-college/21466969/

"Put simply, what I'd like to do is to see the first two years of community college free for anybody who's willing to work for it,"...

...The White House said details on the cost and funding would come in the State of the Union Address on Jan. 20

Well fuck my cost-of-a-house-student-loan-paying-ass.

In some states you can already get 14 years of free education, 2 more doesn't seem all that crazy. However, I think that most for-profit community colleges are a fucking joke, and I'm not sure I see the value in people getting associates degrees with no skills. I'd like to see some restrictions on where people can go, and what degrees they can get.

But let's be serious, this is just going to be a recommendation to a Republican congress, so....

In some states you can already get 14 years of free education, 2 more doesn't seem all that crazy. However, I think that most for-profit community colleges are a fucking joke, and I'm not sure I see the value in people getting associates degrees with no skills. I'd like to see some restrictions on where people can go, and what degrees they can get.

I agree with this statement.

*too

MAYBE SUM FREE EDUMAHCATION WOULDA DUN YA SUM GUD. :gabe:

I'm a wet dream for the grammar and spelling police force. I don't proof read what I post most of the time and screw up the whole to, too, and its thing ever now again.

When everyone has an associate's, nobody does. This is great in theory, but the reality is it's just going to create more disparity between the haves and the have nots, all funded by the working middle class, once again.

What middle class? :no:

Educated population = higher incomes = more income tax revenue.

In a perfect world.

Regardless of having a higher educated population, you cannot give them jobs that don't exsists.

Like I said, this has nothing to do with education. The general public buys anything though, and cannot think. This will go nowhere.

In a perfect world.

Regardless of having a higher educated population, you cannot give them jobs that don't exsists.

This x1002193481298012983091283091823. The wealth gap issue is purely at the hands of those at the top, and an associate's degree won't turn Shontae Douglas-Wallace into a CEO. She'll still work at McDonald's, flipping burgers.

Did you know successful people have nicer houses and cars. I bet if we give everybody better houses and cars, they too will be successful. Then they can join my homeowner's and bimmers soccer league. We all get trophies. It feels good.

Did you know successful people have nicer houses and cars. I bet if we give everybody better houses and cars, they too will be successful. Then they can join my homeowner's and bimmers soccer league. We all get trophies. It feels good.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/lntv3q/the-homeless-homed

This x1002193481298012983091283091823. The wealth gap issue is purely at the hands of those at the top, and an associate's degree won't turn Shontae Douglas-Wallace into a CEO. She'll still work at McDonald's, flipping burgers.

No, but a little bit of motivation and hard work might. People working at fast food joints work at fast food joints because they choose to(pass given to felons, however there are programs for them). There are plenty of other jobs out there that do not require anything more than a HS diploma. Folks working as burger flippers lack motivation and "settled" for something easy.

To prove a point, i got a job right out of HS making $17/hr in IT. The education i am getting now (not even related to IT) only opens the door further.