Winter - cracked fingertips

zeitgeist57

I have my humidifier set at the highest setting for my house, but with working outside on Cleetus and washing my hands a lot, the fingertips on my right index and middle finger are cracked and typing is noticibly painful.

Does anyone have a farm remedy? I guess I should be using lotion. To stop the splits from constantly opening, I've used superglue to quickly bond and allow the skin to heal underneath. Open to suggestions!

Lol

I scrub the ever living fuck out of my hands multiple times daily, and cut my fingers on sharp suture all the time. I should take pictures of my fingers. I've used working hands, super glue, and dermabond (what we use during surgery). Superglue works the best. You have to apply it a couple times a week. Just a drop or two.

Lol

I scrub the ever living fuck out of my hands multiple times daily, and cut my fingers on sharp suture all the time. I should take pictures of my fingers. I've used working hands, super glue, and dermabond (what we use during surgery). Superglue works the best. You have to apply it a couple times a week. Just a drop or two.

I'd be a bit hesitant with the types of "super glue" you use. I've never really had an issue until a short while back when I accidentally got some on the end of my middle finger. About the time the glue should've "disappeared" from my finger, the skin began to peel. Within a couple of days, my fingertip started splitting, deeply, and the skin began to harden and peel where the glue had once been. I eventually had to cut the finger of a latex glove and place it over my middle finger with some lotion shit each day to help heal it. It's finally healing up.

I work with my hands everyday, do you guys seriously have issues like this? Serious question. I worked construction before I worked on cars and never had an issue either. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Same here. What kind of prissy hands do we got

Up in here? Best start putting on gloves filled with Vaseline every night while

You sleep to keep them all soft n feminine. :p

I think part of the "dry, cracked hands" thing is age. Up until about 3 years ago, I never had this problem in winter. Then all of a sudden, my hands dry out in winter, and my fingertips crack. It fucking hurts and it's no joke. I also work in a manufacturing plant now and have to wash my hands any time I go out on the plant floor, so that just adds to it. :(

So I started using some kind of Vaseline Brand "men's lotion" and it worked all right, but I still got the cracked finger tips. Then a guy at work gave me some of this stuff:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XOO52xm6b0o/TZHOquHJk-I/AAAAAAAAAa0/tWkTVA0Dhnw/s1600/Avon+intense+therapy+crema.jpg

Works like a champ. No dry hands, no cracked fingertips, doesn't smell like something a woman would use (well, not too bad :lol: ), etc. I put it on a few times a day, and you don't need a whole lot. This is the first winter I've had zero problems, and I'm basing on the fact that I'm using this stuff... :nod:

Gentlemen, this is what you would call a #firstworldproblem.

"Waah! It hurts my fingertips when I type!"

"Ooh, I hope that woman doesn't feel how rough my skin is when I shake her hand!"

"Hmm, this cracked skin is grabby on my silk necktie when I'm tying it...I hope I'm not roughing up the threads!"

"Ouch! It hurts when I'm opening a can of soda!"

I'll also add the following #whitecollarredneckproblems:

"Carb'd tee-ruk won't start in this cold weather...guess I'll have to take the BMW!"

"The fireplace is putting a lot of heat out in my living room...I better turn up the thermostat so the bedrooms are warm as well!"

"The hose is frozen...I guess I'll have to pay to wash my car."

"Shoveling is hard work...I'll just clear the areas where my tires will roll down the driveway!"

"Too cold to put my beer outside...I guess I'll have to make room in the garage fridge for these growlers."

:D