Internet Justice: Pizza Delivery Edition

CRed05

http://jalopnik.com/internet-gets-back-at-car-dealer-jerks-who-were-awful-t-1679645909

You know how some people just sort of, well, suck? On a deep-down, fundamental level? And this basic, ingrained suckitude makes them treat people like crap, needlessly? Well, a group of those people work at a car dealership, and were dicks to a pizza delivery guy. But this time the dickery boomeranged back and bit them on the ass.

Here's what happened: the coven of dipshits who collectively sell cars as the F&R Auto Sales dealership in Westport, MA ordered some pizzas and soda. The total came to 43 bucks. When the pizza guy showed up, they handed him two 20 dollar bills and two 5 dollar bills. Those of you with advanced math degrees will realize that the two 20s and one five equal $45, which has $43 dollars in it, with $2 to spare. That means there was no need to give the extra $5, unless it was intended to be given as a tip, not an uncommon practice among pizza-purchasing humans.

Based on what was retold and accepted in the above video, the delivery person informed the amount he received, and explained the breakdown of the bill, so he could be sure the unneeded $5 wasn't a mistake. Having reasonable assurance it was okay, he left.

Here's where it gets good, or, more accurately, bad. The dealership called Palace Pizza back, and told them the driver had left with their change — a life-changing $7. The driver returns to the dealership, where he pretty rationally explains what he thought happened, and gets berated by the assembled staff, who threatens to call the manager again for another apology, insisting that the extra $5 he was given was expected to just be handed right back, in a beautiful symbolic and meaningless gesture of the glory of commerce.

Things get stupidly heated, an employee threatens to put her foot up the delivery person's ass (an act that would not only make no one happy, but the guy was already out the door), and the jackasses then start yelling about taking the guy's job. Just watch the video there.

Even better, the Penis Politburo here decides that they came off so well, so cool, in that little exchange that they put the surveillance camera video on YouTube under the title "irate pizza driver" so the whole world knows how cool they are, collecting that awesome $1.40 per jackass from the confused driver.

After the video went up, the internet once again proved itself as a giant, invisible superhero dedicated to making assholes' lives suck just a bit more. A Reddit thread brought the inane exchange to a huge number of people, who proceeded to flood the dealership's phones, slow their website to a crawl, and completely trashed their ratings on Yelp and Google.

Yesterday, the owner of the dealership and his son went in person to apologize to Palace Pizza, but the damage has already been done. The world knows that dealership houses an awful pack of assholes, even if those assholes are now, collectively, $7 richer.

Some people are truly pieces of shit, I hope these people ended up losing there jobs for being an asshole and trying to troll some one.

Hell i would hope they would get fired, due to the amount of damage they probably did to the dealerships business.

Edited by Paul

Some people are truly pieces of shit, I hope these people ended up losing there jobs for being an asshole and trying to troll some one.

Hell i would hope they would get fired, due to the amount of damage they probably did to the dealerships business.

Cents, you don't make it.

Car dealership is filled with assholes, you hope the people trolling them lose their jobs? That is the only thing I can derive from your post.

I feel like this entire thing was staged. If the post-delivery video was able to be posted, where is the pre-delivery part of the video where he claims to have explained to them the bill? People sitting at desks and ordering pizza that don't even work there. This all makes it seem like a group of people came up with an idea to scam America and start a "go fund me" account.

I feel like this entire thing was staged. If the post-delivery video was able to be posted, where is the pre-delivery part of the video where he claims to have explained to them the bill? People sitting at desks and ordering pizza that don't even work there. This all makes it seem like a group of people came up with an idea to scam America and start a "go fund me" account.

I think the dealer posted it as an attempt to shame the delivery driver. Of course he isn't going to post the rest of it, especially now.

No way. You can see the owner uploaded the video and tried to delete it.

Give him a call on his cell 508-665-9333

Worked Pizza for 5 years. This shit does happen. People are fucking dicks. The amount of times people have screamed at me because they got 99 pepperonis instead of 100 is enough to make you want to murder some one.

Customers that couldnt be bothered enough to leave the comfort of their own homes were the worst. Oh its snowing out? Too fucking bad, i want it here in 15 minutes even though i know you told me an hour on the phone.

PS - the comments on the google plus page are hilarious. I clicked "more" for quite a while and never found the end.

Why would you stage and act to look like a dick, ruin the rep of your business, and get someone E-funded that does not work for you? All sides have came out and commented on this-its legit as it gets.

It just seems unreal since they are such scum.