2013 Mustang GT Premium Mod Path???

Robert Aaron Parsons

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coming from a guy with a 2014 GT with full bolt ons, full suspension, full exhaust and a short throw MGW shifter. I recommend getting the suspension out of the way. Some wider rear tires and then save for boost. For how much I have spent on bolt ons I could have gotten an On3 kit by now and made 600+ horsepower. Just my 2 cents.

coming from a guy with a 2014 GT with full bolt ons, full suspension, full exhaust and a short throw MGW shifter. I recommend getting the suspension out of the way. Some wider rear tires and then save for boost. For how much I have spent on bolt ons I could have gotten an On3 kit by now and made 600+ horsepower. Just my 2 cents.

I'm beginning to become torn and discouraged. I want suspension but I was quoted 8 hours labor $95 hr) to do shocks/struts/lowering springs, front/rear sway bars/ RLCA's, RUCA, and panhard bar. Not counting $1,700 in suspension parts.

Same place wanted 6 hours labor to do stainless brake lines along with $300 for lines.

Am I wrong to think that is excessive?

Pavo

I'm beginning to become torn and discouraged. I want suspension but I was quoted 8 hours labor $95 hr) to do shocks/struts/lowering springs, front/rear sway bars/ RLCA's, RUCA, and panhard bar. Not counting $1,700 in suspension parts.

Same place wanted 6 hours labor to do stainless brake lines along with $300 for lines.

Pavo

Well this "place" sounds like IPS.

Do you mean stainless steel brake hoses or lines?

Well this "place" sounds like IPS.

Do you mean stainless steel brake hoses or lines?

Nope not IPS. Not trying to out the place as they were incredibly nice. I was going to check in with IPS tomorrow. I'm more concerned about the labor hours. I know the IPS rate of $80 is likely the cheapest I'll find.

That was for lines and not hoses.

I wish I had a garage. I would pay a couple board experts to come by and help. Although I don't have much in the way over tools.

Pavo

Nope not IPS. Not trying to out the place as they were incredibly nice. I was going to check in with IPS tomorrow. I'm more concerned about the labor hours. I know the IPS rate of $80 is likely the cheapest I'll find.

That was for lines and not hoses.

I wish I had a garage. I would pay a couple board experts to come by and help. Although I don't have much in the way over tools.

Pavo

Why are you trying to put new brake lines on a 2 year old car?

Stainless Steel braided hoses I can see, lines seems overkill.

Pavo

Spend a warm Saturday doing it all yourself with a ratchet?

Believe me gentlemen I'm more than willing to get dirty and work on it myself. A few problems though...

1. I live in an apartment that is super strict on working on cars (I got yelled at when I installed my stock replacement strut tower brace on the Mustang that took literally five minutes).

2. I have no idea how to do a lot of that work.

3. I don't have a garage or tools to do it in.

I very much wish I did as I'd just take a weekend and do it myself. I've been watching videos and things and it really doesn't look like rocket science.

Pavo

Well good thing you have access to a forum full of car enthusiasts who look out for each other and have garages. I know Doc loves having people over at his "hang out" where you could maybe do it there. Or do it at my house if you're cool and bring beer and let me drive it for the before/after feels

Doc likes people over to hang out and have mod parties? I got 2 cars that need stuff installed and I just do it in the freezing cold damnit fail haha. If you need help with install buy me chipotle and I'm down to help. Suspension shit is easy.

So small update... I have a CAI and Bama tuner in house that I will install as soon as the winter decides not to be -10 outside.

I am also about to order brakes, pads, caliper covers, shocks/struts, lowering springs, front/rear sway bars, panhard bar, upper/lower rear control arms, rear strut tower bar, and two post shifter bracket.

Hopefully that will cure the wandering mustang suspension. Heads up those who offered help/garage space on a Saturday for food/beer and pre/post rides... I will be hitting you all up soon! ;)

Pavo

Wandering? Have you tried alignment?

That was likely a bad choice of words. I more mean it's love of the rear-end kicking around. I know that's part of a solid axle rear end but it wheel hops really bad on top of the rear end kick out. I can control that usually but if I can minimize that kind of stuff I will.

Pavo

• 3 weeks later...

Why is there a tube that goes from the intake to the cabin of the car? Is the idea to suck air out of the cabin for re-circulation purposes or something? Sorry if dumb question. Just never seen it before.

Never mind. Found it. Pretty much pointless clutter.

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/171441-Intake-Sound-Tube-to-use-or-not-to-use

Edited by RC K9
found reason

I just did this today and it sounds fucking awesome. Granted you'll be the only one who can hear the difference, but hey whatever it takes 2 minutes and it's free.

I didn't realize that the tube had filters or foam in it. I thought it just piped straight into the cabin. Very cool!

Pavo

Why is there a tube that goes from the intake to the cabin of the car? Is the idea to suck air out of the cabin for re-circulation purposes or something? Sorry if dumb question. Just never seen it before.

Never mind. Found it. Pretty much pointless clutter.

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/171441-Intake-Sound-Tube-to-use-or-not-to-use

Yeah basically pointless clutter for most. It adds a nice sound into the cabin but that's about it. Many aftermarket CAI's delete this tube. I am interested to see how it sounds with the restrictions removed.

Pavo

All,

So I have the following sitting waiting for installation...

Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts

S/R Lowering springs

Front/rear adjustable sway bars

Rear Lower Control Arms

Adjustable Panhard bar

Aftermarket shifter bushing

Who's ready to mod??? Food and beverages of choice will be purchased for all. :)

Pavo

• 2 weeks later...