Plumbing for propane black steel

TonyG

Trying to figure out if I should just go ahead and do this project my self. I need to change out a 3/4" black propane pipe and put in a 1 1/4" line. 50 ft of its a straight shot in the basement, the other 15 feet are getting it into the house and out of the house. The route in has already been established so that shouldnt be too hard, the only other part is getting it out to the generator. I will also have to replace the second stage regulator at the house to accommodate the 1 1/4" upgrade

I dont have a pipe threader (can rent one), but gotta think I shouldnt be paying someone 4 times the pipe costs to do this. I have gotten a couple quotes with another coming next week.

Someone talk me out of doing this myself or into it?? Let me know if anyone has past experience.

Thanks!

After getting a $500 quote to run a new line from my furnace to the outside (a total of 12 feet of pipe) I ran it myself. I bought prethreaded pipe from Home Depot. There is a sealer for the joints that you need as well.

When the propane company came out and hooked up to my pipe and tested for leaks, the guy commented that my plumber did a great job.

its really easy to diy. Just use soap/water mix to check for leaks. Also don't forget to put in a dirt leg . Buy the stuff in the lengths you need pre threaded from home depot or lowes.

This is what I did when I reran the gas lines in my basement. Just routed, measured and bought prethreaded lengths from Home Depot.