New 1/2-Mile record...

Got-Boost?

Impressive video.

Keep in mind that the East Coast Timing Association will be hosting its first ever HALF-mile event July 11-12 in Wilmington, Ohio. I suspect that this event will fill quickly, so if you quarter-mile champs are interested in stretching your legs a bit, better start the registration process now. It would be great to have a CR contingent in the field.

They are continuing their certification of The Ohio Mile this year as well.

ECTA website: http://www.ecta-lsr.com/

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/IMG_5587_zps7fp7qigx.jpg

Edited by Doc

That's impressive. Ten years ago 200mph in the mile was "da man", now 233 in half a mile.

I think about that too... these cars are getting just crazy fast...

Just waiting for the 300 mph mile to happen... I dont think cars were ever tested at these speeds in a wind tunnel... (240-250+) are they?

Impressive video.

Keep in mind that the East Coast Timing Association will be hosting its first ever HALF-mile event July 11-12 in Wilmington, Ohio. I suspect that this event will fill quickly, so if you quarter-mile champs are interested in stretching your legs a bit, better start the registration process now. It would be great to have a CR contingent in the field.

They are continuing their certification of The Ohio Mile this year as well.

ECTA website: http://www.ecta-lsr.com/

[

Are they going to loosen up the rules any for the 1/2 mile?

That's impressive. Ten years ago 200mph in the mile was "da man", now 233 in half a mile.

In 2006, no Import had run 200 in the Texas mile. Tommy Bahn and I were the 2 that planned on going that had a shot. I wrecked 2 weeks before in testing, he ended up going 201.

Live and learn.

I haven't received my copy of the 2015 rule book yet, so I can't say for sure. However, my guess is that the rules will be the same for the 1/2 mile as for the mile. If that's the case, it's not too bad: the mph's will be a lot lower for the 1/2 mile, and the safety tiers are set progressively stricter at 135, 150, and so forth. If your car's going to be going 175 in the half mile, you really should have all the extra safety equipment IMO.

For all the mile runs, the wheel/lug length/lug nut rules have been hard for me to meet, and I suppose those will stay in effect in the 1/2 mile. Wheel Medic helped me make spec on those for the Viewt and the 86.

My fastest car is perma-banned from ECTA events, so I don't have that to fret about.

When I get my rule book in about a week or so, I'll post better answers to this thread.

These Maxton guys are strict, and they make no apologies for it.

In 2006, no Import had run 200 in the Texas mile. Tommy Bahn and I were the 2 that planned on going that had a shot. I wrecked 2 weeks before in testing, he ended up going 201.

Live and learn.

Run once and get tossed if you don't plan on going back...

Run once and get tossed if you don't plan on going back...

That's a strategy if you're trying to side-step the tier restrictions, but there are plenty of rules to tech just to make a run. And your fee isn't refundable even if you're not allowed to run.

Also, when you make a run well above your safety class limit, your time isn't announced and you don't get a time slip. You very likely won't find out what you ran.

my guess is that the rules will be the same for the 1/2 mile as for the mile. If that's the case, it's not too bad:

:(

I would LOVE to go to this event. But if the rules are the same as they are for the mile they are just too restrictive

150 to 175MPH:

Five point safety harness SFI 16.1 or 16.5 (no more than 5 years old)

Six Point Roll Bar (Open cockpit cars must have a full cage) with SFI 45.1 Padding ( Soft padding is NOT SFI rated )

Speed rated tires

5 Lb fire suppression system- driver compartment (not a fire extinguisher)

Arm restraints OR door net

Electric fuel pumps require an inertial kill switch to disable pump

A metal seat designed for racing. A maximum of 1.0" of padding. Plastic seats are NOT allowed! Recaro Seats are plastic.

There are a handful of factory cars that will do 150 in the half mile....

Just sucks not having an localish outlet to legally go fast in street cars.

:lolguy:

I'll clarify: The cars here will have some semblence of high-speed control (instead of ladder bars and a parachute to cover the 1/4-mi course), will look good, and can take turns.

Get Larson or Jeff Lutz out there to do some damage and I'll make the re-association with "traditional" drag racing. :)

I'll clarify: The cars here will have some semblence of high-speed control (instead of ladder bars and a parachute to cover the 1/4-mi course), will look good, and can take turns.

Get Larson or Jeff Lutz out there to do some damage and I'll make the re-association with "traditional" drag racing. :)

I know of several drag cars that do standing mile without issue. Its really not that much different when it comes to the power level required to go really fast. This lambo is just a really expensive street car that goes fast and does what it does well.

This car here does both standing mile and drag racing without any issues. Its a 8-9 second car in the quarter at 150.

http://waggz.smugmug.com/Cars/May-Ohio-Mile-2014/i-rBLkgqw/0/L/IMG_5364-L.jpg

Willard Kinser was going to do it with his drag radial vette with just making a few changes. The biggest being were you bring the power in.

Have you ever been to a standing mile race? Starting line is boring most of the time. The have to get the cars rolling before they can bring the power due to the surface and prep.

Mark thought about doing standing mile stuff with his car, but there is a huge cost involved with getting a built 6 speed (on the cheap end), the aero right on the car, wheels, tires, ect.

I was really hoping for an event within a couple hours (ie Wilmington) but it looks like I'm gonna have to suck it up for a 5 hour drive one way or another :(

Just box your car up and go play with these guys :fuckyeah:

Check out those splits...