Dealer wrecks customer's WRX and refuses to pay

PRD2BDF

The guy has posted this on every place he can. His WRX appears to have been being driven by a tech to go to his class at a local college. Says he will not stop until they trplace his car, not just repair it. Until then, he's driving one of their Legacy's. Situation sucks. Hope it works out for him. Edited by Mojoe

Love the power of the internet.

I just don't understand why a dealer would think its not there fault, its in there possession. What happens to the car regardless should be on them. Also wtf why is the guy taking it to a class lol??

I think the Dealer knows its their fault,his Insurance premium going up is more important than doing the right thing is what grates....until here comes the internet.

Clay? Wtf

Bunch of guys piling on this guy for jumping the gun with social media.

I'd be livid myself and would not stop short of getting a new car with a red fucking bow on top

Yeah I don't understand.

I would lawyer up and spend whatever just to prove a point if I had to. Fuck claiming that on his personal insurance.

Sounds like the dealership is going to replace the car. There were some texts sent to the car owner posted on reddit. (This was after the dealership threatened to sue for libel at the beginning of the debacle)

For the dealership to sue wouldn't he have to be saying something that is untrue? Seems to me the car is wrecked and if it was in posession of the dealer at the time, I don't see how he could be sued. Maybe there is more to it though.

So- his insurance opened a claim and then closed it and told him it was all up to the dealers insurance now. He has posted a screenshot message stating they Be taking care of him with a new car.

I get rather annoyed with people jumping on the "bash wagon" it helps no one and solves very little to post false reviews and get everyone riled up. There are good avenues to take before getting to the point this did IMHO.

• Downvote 1

So- his insurance opened a claim and then closed it and told him it was all up to the dealers insurance now. He has posted a screenshot message stating they Be taking care of him with a new car.

I get rather annoyed with people jumping on the "bash wagon" it helps no one and solves very little to post false reviews and get everyone riled up. There are good avenues to take before getting to the point this did IMHO.

They should have taken care of him to begin with.

Shame he had to take it public for them to change their minds.

I'm more likely to believe had he not gone all over the net with this, they would have run him around a bit more. I think he covered his ass and positioned himself well. Yes, the dealer should have stepped up from the start. It does not appear they were going to. He said in the beginning he would not stop until the exact spec car was replaced.

Glad it worked out.