Columbus Shooting Range Suggestions

bmwohio

Kyle (Monk3y) is coming in town this Sunday and we are looking for a place to go shoot a couple of his M&P's.

Suggestions for a good place to go fire off a few rounds?

Preferably on the North side of town, perhaps. I'm in Westerville.

TIA.

I would like to shoot this weekend as well, and I've never been to an indoor range. I've been told that weekends are packed and you usually have to wait at most places around Columbus.

I was also considering Ohio Valley out east, but their site gives almost no information other than hours.

Anybody know if the outdoor state park range at Delaware is still open or closed for the season? Or even Deer Creek?

I would like to shoot this weekend as well, and I've never been to an indoor range. I've been told that weekends are packed and you usually have to wait at most places around Columbus.

I was also considering Ohio Valley out east, but their site gives almost no information other than hours.

Anybody know if the outdoor state park range at Delaware is still open or closed for the season? Or even Deer Creek?

Ohio valley is a good place to shoot. I may go this weekend.

Spankis the parks are closed until (I think) March.

Yes, most of the ranges are closed. Can't confirm deleware, but the prairie oaks public range shuts down because the shotgun range uses the same gate and it's locked january/february.

Also, paying to shoot LOL

yeah if you like paying ass loads to shoot. They only permit "special" ammo to be fired in their range. Oh and its like $23/box of 20rnds of 556

Yeah, make you buy their frangible ammo. I talked to them about it and they said their hangers were getting torn up :lolguy:

They are very strict about what and how they will allow you to shoot.

LEPD is a joke...

1. I went in there when they first open and they told me I had to be a member in order to shoot my own 556 ammo when I was there. They then proceeded to tell me if I was a nonmember I had to buy the frangible ammo. And now it looks like no one is allowed to shoot regular 556 ammo there.

2. I took my mac 11 there to shoot it one day as it shoots 9 mm and they told me to limit it to a two round burst when firing it in full auto. How are you supposed to enjoy a machine gun and only shooting two rounds per trigger pull?

3. Their prices suck. They want 800 For a NPAP AK pistol that costs 4xx.xx online.

4. When I walk in the gun shop itself all I see are sales people who look at me like a sucker who they are trying to sell an overpriced gun. I swear, those people come off as greedy non-industry idiots.

Ohio valley hands down. Never a wait, cheap, spacious, good selection of guns to rent. You can bring your own ammo.

I am a member at Bullet Ranch in Pataskala. Not the biggest but i have not had any issues getting a lane. It is only 1.5 years old too.

http://www.thebulletranch.com/

Yea if you like paying out the ass to rent a range. Was not pleased with this place when i went a month ago.

LEPD is a joke...

1. I went in there when they first open and they told me I had to be a member in order to shoot my own 556 ammo when I was there. They then proceeded to tell me if I was a nonmember I had to buy the frangible ammo. And now it looks like no one is allowed to shoot regular 556 ammo there.

2. I took my mac 11 there to shoot it one day as it shoots 9 mm and they told me to limit it to a two round burst when firing it in full auto. How are you supposed to enjoy a machine gun and only shooting two rounds per trigger pull?

3. Their prices suck. They want 800 For a NPAP AK pistol that costs 4xx.xx online.

4. When I walk in the gun shop itself all I see are sales people who look at me like a sucker who they are trying to sell an overpriced gun. I swear, those people come off as greedy non-industry idiots.

I was wanting to check this place out soon. Sounds like the trip would be a waste of time. Thanks for saving me a drive :)

LEPD is a joke...

Bob, regarding LEPD, while I agree their guns are over priced, their range is nice and their personel have always treated me with respect. I shoot there at least once a month and have a membership. If you bring your own ammo and targets, two people can shoot for an hour for $20. It's hard to beat IMO.

Ohio valley hands down. Never a wait, cheap, spacious, good selection of guns to rent. You can bring your own ammo.

Yea if you like paying out the ass to rent a range. Was not pleased with this place when i went a month ago.

Just fyi, Ohio valley doesn't rent guns to non members anymore :mad: