2015 AutoX & HPDE Schedule

Miller

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

larger would be better :D

Here's a couple more HPDE to add: These are just the possibilities I put on my list there are even more alrady posted. Check out motorsportreg and clubregistration for all of them

- NASA @ Mid Ohio 4/17-19

- NNJR PCA @ Mid Ohio 5/15-17

- Chin Motorsports @ Mid Ohio 5/25-26

- KY PCA @ Putnam 6/5-7

- NASA @ Mid Ohio 6/5-7

- OVR PCA @ Mid Ohio 6/12-14

- MOR PCA @ Indy Motor Speedway 8/21-23

- KY PCA @ Putnam 9/11-13

- MOR PCA club race and Advanced HPDE Mid Ohio 9/18-20

- NASA @ Mid Ohio 10/2-4

OP, thanks for posting. +1 to a tad bigger :thumbup: Been wanting to try out that Circleville Track, may just do that this year......

Guess Ackerman is officially dead.

May have to cruise down to some of the WOR events at Wilmington. Wouldn't mind having more seat time on a bigger course.

Unfortunately, yes....they're building a parking garage there :mad:

If anyone is looking to get into this, but has never done it before, I highly recommend the Beginner's School on 4/12. I did it about 4 years ago and it was a tremendous help. There's no pressure and you'll get a ton of one-on-one teaching.

If anyone is looking to get into this, but has never done it before, I highly recommend the Beginner's School on 4/12. I did it about 4 years ago and it was a tremendous help. There's no pressure and you'll get a ton of one-on-one teaching.

This ^^ I've taught at the last 3 schools we had. One on one with an instructor all day for about $50 usually. Great way to take the step past whatever stage you are in driving skill :thumbup:

What do you need to attend any of these events? SCCA license? helmet? money?

Money and a car to drive (there are loaner helmets available for SCCA events)

This ^^ I've taught at the last 3 schools we had. One on one with an instructor all day for about $50 usually. Great way to take the step past whatever stage you are in driving skill :thumbup:

How do you sign up for the beginner school? Would this be something you recommend for me? Are you instructing this year?

How do you sign up for the beginner school? Would this be something you recommend for me? Are you instructing this year?

Yes, sign up. You would benefit, Aaron. If not, just for the all day seat time, but getting some good tips along the way. Basically, they set-up different elements of an Autocross course and you do those elements by themselves all day...and then we put them all together at the end of the day. It really breaks everything down.

Details will come once it gets closer about signing up. I want to teach, but we will see. Beth is due on the 11th of April, so we'll see where we are then and if I can get away for the day. I enjoy teaching more than driving sometimes...

You are allowed to request certain instructors too, if you like. They can't always guarantee the match-up, but 80-90% you can get who you want if you know who is instructing ahead of time.

Saved the date on my calendar! Hopefully our new ride will be here before then.

Does anyone have recommendations for where to shop for helmets in Columbus?

Saved the date on my calendar! Hopefully our new ride will be here before then.

Does anyone have recommendations for where to shop for helmets in Columbus?

If you are doing SCCA just make sure it is a Snell Approved (not just DOT approved) helmet. Can be M or SA and needs to be M2010 or SA2010 or newer...2005 will work for this year, but will expire at the end of this year, so no use in buying a 2005 to use for one year.

Both of these are competitively priced websites for helmets.

http://www.soloperformance.com/Helmets-and-Accessories_c_13.html

http://www.soloracer.com/helmets.html

If you click this link, and then click on the certification (SA2010, M2015, M2010) it will list EVERY helmet and EVERY brand that has that rating attached to it, so you are absolutely sure. But always look for the hologram sticker on the inside just to be safe. It may be hidden under padding in the helmet, so you may have to pull some of the padding out to find it.

http://www.smf.org/cert

Would look like this

http://www.smf.org/images/decals/m2010decal.jpg

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/031/740/507/507740031_473.jpg

One thing to be aware of is while I don't think Auto-x is there yet, more and more car groups are cracking down and not allowing motorcycle helmets at car events.

I want to go with an SA helmet, and while I'd love to buy online I'm just worried about sizing.

Yes, sign up. You would benefit, Aaron. If not, just for the all day seat time, but getting some good tips along the way. Basically, they set-up different elements of an Autocross course and you do those elements by themselves all day...and then we put them all together at the end of the day. It really breaks everything down.

Details will come once it gets closer about signing up. I want to teach, but we will see. Beth is due on the 11th of April, so we'll see where we are then and if I can get away for the day. I enjoy teaching more than driving sometimes...

You are allowed to request certain instructors too, if you like. They can't always guarantee the match-up, but 80-90% you can get who you want if you know who is instructing ahead of time.

I'd like to do this as well.

Edited by cstmg8