College Football Thread v10.0

bicranium

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They beat us last year in our house, then went on to lose to Wake gawd damn Forest. I want the team to turn Blacksburg red, leave no doubt that last year was a fluke.

They were pretty decimated by injuries about halfway through the season. They will once again be at full capacity for OSU.

I really think this game is going to come down to the OSU defense. VT has never been an offensive powerhouse outside of the ridiculous things Michael Vick did on his own 15 years or so ago. I trust that OSU will find a way to put up at least 20 points. I like the chances of the OSU defense keeping VT under 20. If they didn't pull off all the miraculous 3rd and longs last year in the Shoe OSU probably would have squeaked out of that with a W. Defense can't let that happen this year.

They were pretty decimated by injuries about halfway through the season. They will once again be at full capacity for OSU.

I really think this game is going to come down to the OSU defense. VT has never been an offensive powerhouse outside of the ridiculous things Michael Vick did on his own 15 years or so ago. I trust that OSU will find a way to put up at least 20 points. I like the chances of the OSU defense keeping VT under 20. If they didn't pull off all the miraculous 3rd and longs last year in the Shoe OSU probably would have squeaked out of that with a W. Defense can't let that happen this year.

And even then it was more just Brewer making the plays of a lifetime against OSU last year than anything the defense did or didnt do

I hear your points.

I'm thinking 49-10 goodguys. At least one pick-6. Brewer under constant harassment, less than 20% 3rd down conversation rate. The stadium will be raucous and loud ... for one quarter.

Make your predictions.

True, VT kept so many drives alive last year because of miraculous/almost-never-happens plays. 3rd and 21? Brewster scrambles for life, throws up a prayer, caught by VT for a gain of 24. That kind of shit.

I like how you guys are talking me off the ledge. Keep that up. Sol, you're right - how can we have fear when we have Cardale? He would laugh in the face of Ghenghis Khan, let alone Bud Foster.

BTW, I think JT is the better QB than Cardale. I think Cardale has more potential, but I think JT is better for this team and in this offense and will put up the better numbers. Have I said that already? It feels like I have. Oh well, read it again and enjoy my words of genius and charisma and wisdom.

My Nervous Nancy prediction: Ohio State 27, VT 24

My No Fucks Given prediction: Ohio State 54, VT 17

Neutral stadium.

Fucking comical. Bama is straight TERRIFIED to travel north of the Mason-Dixon line to play anyone. Skurred that half the players would "defect", a la Cuban National Team, when they see how much culture and intelligence there is up there.

Prior to Brown's injury Wednesday, Meyer had his starting rotation of wide receivers set in stone.

"Mike Thomas, Noah Brown, Parris Campbell, Terry McLaurin, Johnnie Dixon and Torrance is scratching the surface now," Meyer said Saturday. "Curtis (Samuel) is in there, too. He’s up in the top five.”

I'm nervous. Our team without suspensions and healthy is dynamite. This is the one game on the schedule that, as of now, we even have a chance of losing IMO. But I have faith in Urban and our QBs, and I suspect it'll come down to a lot of unusual running plays, read options, and some wildcat-ish stuff. I bet we come out to a rocky start with lots of jitters, but we'll get it together at the end.

34 OSU 10 VT

14-17 of OSU's point's come in the 4th.

This.

BTW, I think JT is the better QB than Cardale. I think Cardale has more potential, but I think JT is better for this team and in this offense and will put up the better numbers. Have I said that already? It feels like I have. Oh well, read it again and enjoy my words of genius and charisma and wisdom.

Agreed. I've said to many of my friends last year that Cardale, despite being our lord and savior, did not do anything that JT couldn't have done. No disrespect to the man, he's obviously a solid player, but I tend to think of his performances more of just "not fucking up" rather than "carrying the team". I think they're both better than Miller to be honest, but I think JT is a tad better than Cardale.

I mean, they'd all start for any other D1 school of course. What a great problem to have, lol.

If Ohio State goes in and just stomps VT, the street cred will go through the roof.

Miller will was a serviceable QB because he is such a phenomenal athlete. Mike Vick was the same way. I'm really looking forward to what Miller can do in his new role.

Pryor also comes to mind as guys that probably shouldn't be QBs but could be because of their athleticism. Remember when Pryor was catching passes against Texas in the bowl game? I came.

Been all JT pretty much since the clock showed all zeroes in the national title game. But if Cardale beats him out that means he's improved a lot since last season and he will have earned it and I will support that 100%.

Neutral site games need to stop. How much cooler would it be to see Bama come up to Camp Randall in early September and enjoy some Jump Around between the 3rd and 4th quarters? Then have Wiscy go into Tuscaloosa the next year and deal with all the Gumps? Answer - way cooler.

I don't really like doing predictions but I guess if I had to give one right now...

OSU 27

VT 17

An observation since I have been in Bama since Sunday. People that like the Tide are educated people it seems. The Gumps seem to be the hillbillies and lower income folk who like Auburn. There is a sharp divide between the two classes of people here.

Also while in Tuscaloosa on Monday the quality of women is much better then I have seen in Ohio. I will stand by my statement last year that Bama women>Ohio women.

Go ahead and insert your funny meme's but unless you have ever been on campus or visited the area you are speaking out of your ass.

People that like the Tide are educated people it seems. The Gumps seem to be the hillbillies and lower income folk who like Auburn. There is a sharp divide between the two classes of people here.

"Relatively". The difference between an IQ of 10 and and IQ of 80 is the same difference between 80 and 150. Relatively speaking.

I may be forced to concede that the women are hotter. I have heard this from several credible sources.

Neutral site games need to stop. How much cooler would it be to see Bama come up to Camp Randall in early September and enjoy some Jump Around between the 3rd and 4th quarters? Then have Wiscy go into Tuscaloosa the next year and deal with all the Gumps? Answer - way cooler.

Agreed but there's too much money for most schools to say no.

Also while in Tuscaloosa on Monday the quality of women is much better then I have seen in Ohio. I will stand by my statement last year that Bama women>Ohio women.

I can agree with that. The southern accent gives +2 on the hotness scale most of the time. The exception is when the draw is too much and they sound like they never finished 3rd grade.

Fucking comical. Bama is straight TERRIFIED to travel north of the Mason-Dixon line to play anyone. Skurred that half the players would "defect", a la Cuban National Team, when they see how much culture and intelligence there is up there.

This is the whole SEC, they're all a bunch of fair weather pussies afraid to play in any stadium but their own. Fuck them, I say every school out there should refuse to play the SEC at all and leave them to their own circle jerk and see how they like being left out of the playoffs(this would work were it not for SECSPN).