Westerville PD shooting.....

Putty

Thanks for linking to the video time after he already dropped and not marking this nws.

I didn't know you could link to a specific time nor did I realize such video was NWS. Anything else I do wrong, Brian?

Saw this video earlier and noticed something. It says the stop was initiated due to no license plate light, but doesn't it look fairly lit? I thought at first it was reflecting from the officers headlights, but then I restarted the video and it seems like the plate is already fairly bright before the officer pulls behind him. This makes no difference in the result of the stop, just an observation. I also had a hard time figuring out who was doing the shooting and when. Did the Taurus driver get any shots off, or were those all the officers shots? Just trying to understand the situation. Looks like the choice to engage the passenger window was the right one.

P.S. He definitely messed his pants.

Saw this video earlier and noticed something. It says the stop was initiated due to no license plate light, but doesn't it look fairly lit? I thought at first it was reflecting from the officers headlights, but then I restarted the video and it seems like the plate is already fairly bright before the officer pulls behind him. This makes no difference in the result of the stop, just an observation. I also had a hard time figuring out who was doing the shooting and when. Did the Taurus driver get any shots off, or were those all the officers shots? Just trying to understand the situation. Looks like the choice to engage the passenger window was the right one.

Per captions in the video the Driver did not get any shots off.

I just watched it again and watched the officer's gun and realized that. Driver definitely had a gun in his hand though. Were there any toxicology tests or anything on the driver? His actions look like he was high on something. The way he hangs his head out the window and shit while the officer is on the passenger side, then when he hops out it looks like he's waving his left hand around while the gun is in his right.

Is there some debate about this or anything? I'm down south in the sticks and haven't heard anything about this before today, but after reading some of the YouTube comments, it seems like there are people trying to say the shots weren't justified.

It felt like the response time once the 10-3 went out took quite a while, but that was just my observation and that could be a normal response time. It was like 2min for the first officer to arrive after the 10-3 went out. You would think for that area State Troopers and Sheriffs would be in the surrounding area.

Watched it last night. At first I thought the driver was waiting for the officer to approach the driver side door and didnt realize said officer was already standing on the passenger side door. Officer had already drawn his weapon and was giving commands when the guy turns and see's him at the passenger side door. I wondered why the officer ran to the right but I think he was worried the guy would shoot him from underneath the car so he took high ground.

Either way, shooting was definitely justified, guy had a loaded gun and pointed it at the officer.

My friend/roomate and I were pulled over one night when I lived in Vegas in his lowered S-10. Officer's excuse was that the license plate light was out. (Light has been working just fine 10min earlier.) We get out to check and, lo and behold, it's still working just fine. "Oh, must've come back on when we pulled in." Yeah, bullshit. Of course, we were let go when he could find nothing else.