2005 Mini Cooper S Test Drive

caseyctsv

You'll probably laugh but I had a late 90s Celica that was very reliable and inexpensive. Probably wouldn't be that easy to find a low mile ones, and I'm pretty sure the 2000+ generation ones had their share of problems, but it seems like she wants something small and "sporty" and you want something that won't break the bank while making her happy.

That was the compromise my dad and I came up with.

You'll probably laugh but I had a late 90s Celica that was very reliable and inexpensive. Probably wouldn't be that easy to find a low mile ones, and I'm pretty sure the 2000+ generation ones had their share of problems, but it seems like she wants something small and "sporty" and you want something that won't break the bank while making her happy.

That was the compromise my dad and I came up with.

You nailed it. She is reasonable but likes cars like me.

Get her a Miata, pre 05 are super reliable and fun, put some snow tires on it in the winter and it'll do really well.

Cobalts might be a little more realistic option, but they are noisey little shits.

Actually looking at the following (all daughter approved):

06+ Mitsubishi Eclipse

06+ Chevy Cobalt SS

06+ Scion TC

Pushing for a Civic but she is not biting yet.

06+ Mitsubishi Eclipse

06+ Chevy Cobalt SS

06+ Scion TC

Scion tC is probably the safest in terms of reliability, and of those 3 is also the least likely to have been hooned like mad. It's been hooned for sure, just not as much as an Eclipse or Cobalt SS.

Though I do like the Cobalt SS.

06+ Mitsubishi Eclipse

06+ Chevy Cobalt SS

06+ Scion TC

I would get the Tc. I like the SS for what it was, but anything you're going to find is going to be a rattle trap with questionable crash worthiness. Put her in the safest, most reliable car you can get in your price range.

I want the Volvo for myself ;)

Drove a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse and was actually very impressed. It was in great shape and drove really nice. I am going to do some research but initial results look promising. This is the 2.4 liter 4. Interestingly the most expensive insurance of all of the cars listed was the Scion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Celica-All-Trac-Hatchback-2-Door-1990-toyota-celica-all-trac-hatchback-2-door-2-0-l-/281601798030?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4190c66f8e&item=281601798030&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

:lolguy: