Think he'd take 75k??

coltboostin

Fixed;) Crazy to consider you can get these for used GTR pricing.

Well.... don't get me wrong... you CAN spend $80k on a used GTR....

But apples to apples if you were looking at the earliest gen (ie. 2009 on a GTR) you can pick those up in the 50s nowadays. So still quite a bit cheaper.

Fairly certain an FBO GTR will beat a Stage one TTG as well.

The TTGs that really shine are all atleast built motor, built trans cars, running $28 a gallon VP Import. Even a Stage 2 car with those mods you are looking at $70k in modding (plus the $80k for the car) to beat a $55k GTR with 10k in mods.

For the record I LOVE TTGs.... but they are nowhere NEAR the bang for buck that the GTR is

Can't put my finger on it

For me it's the incredible manual gearbox. Absolute pleasure to drive.

Assume you're looking for track machine for 360 Challenge or 430 Scuderia? I ask because my buddy works for Ferrari of New England and told me the 360 Challenge is an absolute bitch to drive anywhere but the track.

For me it's the incredible manual gearbox. Absolute pleasure to drive.

Assume you're looking for track machine for 360 Challenge or 430 Scuderia? I ask because my buddy works for Ferrari of New England and told me the 360 Challenge is an absolute bitch to drive anywhere but the track.

Yeah...dreaming about next track toy. Problem is 360 challenge has been going drastically up not down in value the last few years which is making them harder and harder to justify...and they're really not any faster than my GT3 from a lap time perspective.

Gallardo could be a substitute for the 997TT...but, as you state, I'd have to search for a 6 speed like posted here not an e-gear car in the Gallardo

Yeah...dreaming about next track toy. Problem is 360 challenge has been going drastically up not down in value the last few years which is making them harder and harder to justify...and they're really not any faster than my GT3 from a lap time perspective.

Gallardo could be a substitute for the 997TT...but, as you state, I'd have to search for a 6 speed like posted here not an e-gear car in the Gallardo

If you wanna be faster than a GT3... http://www.maseratine.com/used/Maserati/2005-Maserati-MC-12-3d06f4a60a0a00bf27daa24643f09f6f.htm

They usually have quite a bit more ridiculous inventory, but earlier this year a single buyer bought an Enzo, an F40, an F50, and a couple other rare cars they had. I suspect the 360 Challenge was one of them.

I come to this thread to ask a question as I know nothing about these cars. But, doesn't the 04 gallardo have the problem with the E-gear/trans?

Early E-gear drives like shit, and might need clutches more often.

When are the 10-12's gonna hit that 60,000$ mark?!?!?!! Ugh

The 2009-2011 (CBA) are the same car (except the 2011 got the upgraded nav display)

The 2012+ (DBA) has the newer front bumper, better tune, different suspension, larger turbo inlets.

The 2012+ seems to start at 70k and go up from there. It might be another couple years before those cars touch the mid 50k mark.

If your hesitation about a 2009 is the transmission (as most peoples is), I wouldn't even worry about it. The 2009 transmission problem was in the tune, not the hardware. The only hardware change was these little clips, that probably any 2009 still on the road has already had changed anyways.

If you wanna be faster than a GT3... http://www.maseratine.com/used/Maserati/2005-Maserati-MC-12-3d06f4a60a0a00bf27daa24643f09f6f.htm

They usually have quite a bit more ridiculous inventory, but earlier this year a single buyer bought an Enzo, an F40, an F50, and a couple other rare cars they had. I suspect the 360 Challenge was one of them.

Universal is the place to go for a Challenge car. Tried to find a 355 challenge awhile ago, but couldn't get a street legal one. Prices are starting to go up now too.

http://universalautosports.com/inventory/stock118537/

They always have a few Challenge cars on hand

• 2 weeks later...