Civic Type R

Putty

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't buy it but I'd like to drive it. Would look better with out the wing and the red toned down in the interior and some wider RPF1's. Focus RS looks better to me.

I believe it's turbocharged this time around.

Its a flat 4? Really?

How did it achieve 306hp? 10,000 rpm redline on a flat 4?

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2016-honda-civic-type-r-photos-and-info-news

Flat 4 turbocharged. 7000 rpm redline. Take the guts of this car and put it into the shell of a 2016 Ford Focus RS and I would buy it. This is coming from someone who daily drives a Civic Si.

Unfair? The car is freaking ugly as sin, this is not like somebodies baby that you can't call ugly because its a baby.

Its a car, its ugly as watching 2 fat lesbos dock.

As I said at the very beginning of the post, "Looks aside...", as beauty in in the eye of the beholder. Since it's merely an opinion, I concerned my post predominantly on talk about its performance. It's impossible for me to claim someone's opinion of beauty is unfair. That would be unfair. ;) My only defense of its looks was the fact much of it is determined by its aero and in keeping with what a regular Civic looks like.

I could live with the interior besides the seats. Dat ass doe... I would rather watch 2 sacks of cottage chese fighting. As far as the aero being functional, what practical purpose does that wing have on the street with the car being fwd?

You do realize FWD cars can utilize rear wings, as well? It's about setting up the aero properly and not just slapping on a huge wing to your base Civic and calling it a day.

I appreciate that Honda is making such a car...there are enthusiasts that will buy it and enjoy it. It is a performance car, so that's also a good thing.

Not my cup of tea, but there ya go.

This guy gets it. :)

You do realize FWD cars can utilize rear wings, as well? It's about setting up the aero properly and not just slapping on a huge wing to your base Civic and calling it a day.

Yes. I do not understand the benifit on the street. While I understand some may track the car, most will likely be daily drivers.