Home owners, I need advice about neighbor.

SinisterSS

Well Craig, you have several options here:

1. Talk to them in a very nice way about it, even if they get shitty just be the better person.

2. Be passive aggressive by putting something in the disputed territory to show your not happy.

3. My personal favorite option, wreck shop and show them what happens when you fight a stranger in the alps.....

I rarely see this guy as we think he's a dealer, his cars are always there except for the black lexus, that's the only car I ever see leave for more than 8hrs a day and its the only car that parks inside the garage.

I assume you don't mean car dealer.

Well Craig, you have several options here:

1. Talk to them in a very nice way about it, even if they get shitty just be the better person.

2. Be passive aggressive by putting something in the disputed territory to show your not happy.

3. My personal favorite option, wreck shop and show them what happens when you fight a stranger in the alps.....

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FEED A STONER SCRAMBLED EGGS LARRY

go over and talk to them. they either:

1) have no idea that its an issue

or

2)don't give a shit

only one way to find out, and that's a face-to-face meeting. if its #1, then the problem is solved. if its #2, you can skip all the passive aggressive shit and simply file a complaint with the city--no need to put up stakes, yellow lines, mulch, rocks, etc.

go over and talk to them. they either:

1) have no idea that its an issue

or

2)don't give a shit

only one way to find out, and that's a face-to-face meeting. if its #1, then the problem is solved. if its #2, you can skip all the passive aggressive shit and simply file a complaint with the city--no need to put up stakes, yellow lines, mulch, rocks, etc.

Best suggestion

I've always been a proponent of simply going over and talking to them politely and kindly. I find even if they don't like being confronted, they'll usually make an attempt to rectify things. I've had an issue with a couple neighbors were I live involving dogs, parking and trash. I no longer have these issues. Not 100% how all my neighbors how those neighbors feel about me, but you will respect me and mine. I'm not being unfair and I respect my neighbors and neighborhood.

I will say I've also placed a large trash can directly in front of a neighbor's car on trash day because they parked too close to my driveway and where I place said trash can. I know they had to reverse to leave. Never had a problem since. :)

Nobody likes to confront their neighbors or be confronted by them. However, I believe it's far better in the long-run to attempt to settle a dispute early before it becomes a serious issue and neighbors start to hate each other without even really knowing why. Eventually, it becomes too much and someone blows up making shit far more complicated that it probably had to be.

Of course, there's always the chance you simply have to deal with an asshole family. (Had one at my last place; makes things miserable - especially for them. :gtfo:) But that's a whole 'nother deal for 'nother time.

I finally saw him and talked to him, I politely said that I don't car if you or your guest park in front of my house but please don't park over the curb in my yard, he grumbled and then apologized, since then they no longer park up over the curb.
  • Upvote 1

I finally saw him and talked to him, I politely said that I don't car if you or your guest park in front of my house but please don't park over the curb in my yard, he grumbled and then apologized, since then they no longer park up over the curb.

Wait a second...so confronting another human being and reasoning with him about what benefits both parties in a shared situation WORKED?!?!? Oh shizz...I'm not so sure about this "internet" thing anymore.

I will add that putting a fake fire hydrant in front of your house and painting the curb yellow is f**king brilliant. http://www.firehydrant.org/links/replica-hydrants.html

Wait a second...so confronting another human being and reasoning with him about what benefits both parties in a shared situation WORKED?!?!? Oh shizz...I'm not so sure about this "internet" thing anymore.

I will add that putting a fake fire hydrant in front of your house and painting the curb yellow is f**king brilliant. http://www.firehydrant.org/links/replica-hydrants.html

And likely illegal.

I assume you don't mean car dealer.

no our yard isn't a mess, we've been taking care of our yard since the day we took possession of the house, like I said we moved in back in late August and we're yet to see this guy cut his grass, his yard looks like shit, but the curb parking didn't start until Thanksgiving weekend, like I said I don't care about them parking in front of my house, they don't block my driveway just the mailbox at times, but it's them parking over the curb in my yard that's the issue.

he has a two car garage with one car in it, the other side is filled with trash, a chevy avalanche in the right side of the driveway that hasn't moved one time since we moved in(flat tires), then a Tahoe that sits in front of his house, a random car in front of our house and another car that parks in the vacant spot in his driveway.

I rarely see this guy as we think he's a dealer, his cars are always there except for the black lexus, that's the only car I ever see leave for more than 8hrs a day and its the only car that parks inside the garage.

I guess If I don't see him, then I'll tape a note to the car(s) that park in my yard letting them know I don't care if they park in front of my house but don't park in the grass, I doubt this will do anything (my luck it'll piss them off then they'll do it out of spite) but I'll take pictures for proof in case I have to call the proper authorities

You are a prime example of people talking about something you shouldn't. Just because the guys never home doesn't automatically make him a drug dealer...