96 cobra project

Ryan218

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate it. Well it's not running 100% when its cold it don't like to idle smooth, or rev. Bogs down and loads up. After it warms up it idles like it should and revs as it should. Gonna to see if I can pull some codes from it and start from there. If not may see about a base tune for it.

Appreciate it. Well it's not running 100% when its cold it don't like to idle smooth, or rev. Bogs down and loads up. After it warms up it idles like it should and revs as it should. Gonna to see if I can pull some codes from it and start from there. If not may see about a base tune for it.

Most likely just needs a tune and it will be good.

Well a new issue has poped up. Apperently c head swap and c&l intake do not like to clear that factory hood. By a lot. I post a few pictures in the morning. Don't clear where the vent is on the cobra hood on the passenger side.

Easy enough

That's my thought. Decided I'm going to start with the suspension now. Decided to start easy. Made a rear shock brace for it. Don't know how much it will help but it was cheap and easy to make. Now to decide if I want to make my own sub frame connectors. Pretty sure when welding them in you are to have the suspension loaded?

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/ryan218/Mobile%20Uploads/image_36.jpg

Edited by Ryan218

Glad you didn't switch the hood. Looking good. That's the best hood ever put on a mustang factory or aftermarket. Nothing even comes close imo

I agree 100% on that.

Gave it the first bath it's had in over a year. Also pulled the diff cover and found it has 4.10's added bonus. Now to correct the speedo.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/ryan218/Mobile%20Uploads/image_39.jpg

That's my thought. Decided I'm going to start with the suspension now. Decided to start easy. Made a rear shock brace for it. Don't know how much it will help but it was cheap and easy to make. Now to decide if I want to make my own sub frame connectors. Pretty sure when welding them in you are to have the suspension loaded?

Yes, you need to have the car on a drive on lift when doing them.

Mustang is getting tuned on Friday.

My boss bought a wrecked Mach 1 as a dooner car for its drivetrain for a 63 Galaxy. So I bought the interior from him to swap into my cobra.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/ryan218/Mobile%20Uploads/image_40.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/ryan218/Mobile%20Uploads/image_41.jpg

Edited by Ryan218

Well, that f**king worked out nicely. :lol::thumbup:

No wonder the Mach1 was wrecked...it's an automatic.

yeah, great find on the mach1. definitely a unique interior with the gauge cluster. many don't know this but the automatic mach's came with a cast crank if i recall, where the manuals came with a forged crank, and handle boost nicely. i can't recall the reasoning behind that.

yeah, great find on the mach1. definitely a unique interior with the gauge cluster. many don't know this but the automatic mach's came with a cast crank if i recall, where the manuals came with a forged crank, and handle boost nicely. i can't recall the reasoning behind that.

They didn't have an 8-bolt flexplate at the time.