Post your gear pics!

V4junkie

Didn't know drag strips had 'tech' for test and tune runs.

Maybe my experience with National Trails isn't normal. I thought if you bring a faster bike (anything not a cruiser) then you are considered fast enough that the tech shed looks at your gear before they give you a #.

I'm not really into drag racing though, so I'm not really drawing off of much experience here.

Didn't know drag strips had 'tech' for test and tune runs.

Whenever you run down the track regardless of whether it's test and tune or competition you have to abide by the safety rules set forth by the sanctioning body and the track. That being said - it's up to the track to enforce the rules. It's one thing to write them down' date=' it's another to practice them.

I've never been to a test 'n' tune day because I like the competition of bracket racing - so I usually go out Wednesday nights or Saturdays.

Most of the guys do gear up with full leathers, gauntlet gloves, over the calf boots, helmet, etc but I think I've said it before - I've seen other guys wearing cotton 'work gloves' a helmet and a sweatshirt that've run. One guy who was definitely not geared up was running low 9s at 160+ on a turbo busa that he rode on the street. They let him run the entire night (maybe they gave him the "just for tonight" speech? - I dunno).

It also depends on the crowd - if most of the guys are running stock/street cars (Wednesday nights), they're slightly more lax on safety gear versus when the entire field is tube chassis cars or purpose built race bikes (Saturdays and Friday Test 'n' Tunes).

My only experience is with a couple 'test and tune' nights at 42 in my Supra. Never had to pass any kind of tech. Don't know if the same applied to bikes.

42!? You've got more balls than me - I wouldn't run that place. They were probably just glad to have another paid entry.

Edited by JRMMiii

3487191046_ba12956740.jpg

Helmet: OGK FF4

Leathers: Held Suzuka 1 piece

Gloves: Held Phantom

Boots: Puma GP 1000 V2

Back protector: Knox Contour Race

and I wear yo mama for good luck, son.

oh, and I got that pic off of heavy penny photo. i have a CD on order from him, so i'm assuming it's ok to post.

Edited by jbot

super bored in this pic... but this is what i rock

icon helmet

icon motor head jacket

icon duper duty gloves

shift havoc pants

alpinestars smx1 boots

SL370963.jpg

v4 junkie.. bike still looks good lol.. glad your enjoying it

nice cuz.....hahaha