New Mopar

FatHemiDude

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotta say the Scat Pack is some of the best dollar per HP you can spend in today's muscle market.

You got the right color too. Congrats!

Just an aside, was that the one at the auto show? I can't remember if the auto show car had the same stripes but the wheels/color was the same and I think it was a 6MT.

Awesome car, props on getting a stick shift as well!!!:thumbup:

Thanks. I took more heat than ISIS over driving an automatic. I haven't driven a manual transmission since the Carter Administration, but it's all coming back to me now. Only stalled it 3 times first day. Zero stalls yesterday. I actually do feel much more....what's the word....connected? to the car. Still taking it real easy to break the motor in, but I did give it its legs briefly yesterday. Holy shit. It occurs to me that I don't really know if modern engines require a break in period. That was just somthing people used to say: "Be careful to not get on it too hard until the motor breaks in"

Over the past few years, I spent the approximate annual GDP of Uruguay in upgrades to my R/T to gain performance. I should have listened to my brother who counciled to "just buy a bigger motor" all along.

As an April Fool's joke yesterday, I picked up my elderly but game mother In the new Scat Pack. I drove her over to Dynotune Motorsports, where she dropped me off out of sight and drove the car back and explained that she had just bought it "because I like the color" but felt the car was "too fast" and wanted it to be tuned to be slower.

Complete loss of words from the assembled shop rats.

Edited by FatHemiDude

Congrats!

That rear wheel gap looks terrible. Maybe it's the angle?

It comes with what Dodge describes as "Bilstein performance suspension & dampers" and sits one inch lower than the standard R/T. The gap doesn't look that bad in person, then again, I used to date strippers.

Thanks. I took more heat than ISIS over driving an automatic. I haven't driven a manual transmission since the Carter Administration, but it's all coming back to me now. Only stalled it 3 times first day. Zero stalls yesterday. I actually do feel much more....what's the word....connected? to the car. Still taking it real easy to break the motor in, but I did give it its legs briefly yesterday. Holy shit. It occurs to me that I don't really know if modern engines require a break in period. That was just somthing people used to say: "Be careful to not get on it too hard until the motor breaks in"

Over the past few years, I spent the approximate annual GDP of Uruguay in upgrades to my R/T to gain performance. I should have listened to my brother who counciled to "just buy a bigger motor" all along.

As an April Fool's joke yesterday, I picked up my elderly but game mother In the new Scat Pack. I drove her over to Dynotune Motorsports, where she dropped me off out of sight and drove the car back and explained that she had just bought it "because I like the color" but felt the car was "too fast" and wanted it to be tuned to be slower.

Complete loss of words from the assembled shop rats.

LOL. Well played by your mother. :lol:

Yes...glad to hear you got the stick. If everyone buys automatics, then the TERRORISTS HAVE ALREADY WON.

Congrats. Good choice on color - it's nice to see one of these that isn't black, white, silver, or orange.

Saw an orange scat pack on Bethel yesterday on my way home with the shaker and the hood/roof stripes and I have to say I like yours better. Aside from the color and the tiny emblems there isn;t much to tip off people it's a monster. Plus I love bumblee tail stripes on mopars.

Yeah, no HEMI anywhere on the car. Take away the bees and it's A V-6, appearance wise. Exhaust note would be an indication of bad intent, however.

Yeah, no HEMI anywhere on the car. Take away the bees and it's A V-6, appearance wise. Exhaust note would be an indication of bad intent, however.

The front splitter is a tip off too.

Awesome! Auto or manual?

They put the plates on, it was done before I could even say anything. It's a manual. :masturboy:

Edit: I looked at this one a few weeks ago and they were stubborn on the price. I noticed today they dropped the price on their website so I figured I'd try again. For the price, I couldn't say no. The best part, the mirrors and seat were still in the same place adjusted for me from my test drive a few weeks ago. My guess is I came in, they had no others look at it and dropped the price. I figured why not.

Edited by gillbot

They put the plates on, it was done before I could even say anything. It's a manual. :masturboy:

Edit: I looked at this one a few weeks ago and they were stubborn on the price. I noticed today they dropped the price on their website so I figured I'd try again. For the price, I couldn't say no. The best part, the mirrors and seat were still in the same place adjusted for me from my test drive a few weeks ago. My guess is I came in, they had no others look at it and dropped the price. I figured why not.

Auto or manual?

Overrated, I said screw responsibility and went for it.

Personally, factoring in paternal genetics, I've entered the estuary to Golden Pond at this point in my life. I figured with all the fun I had with the R/T, on my death bed, it's unlikely I would think "Man, I wish I hadn't bought that 392 Hemi Challenger back in '15".

Unless of course my death bed is the tree I wrap this thing around like a bright green Twizzler.

Please don't take this as raining on anyone's parade - I am thrilled for you guys and envious as hell. I lived like there was no tomorrow, financially at least, in my 20s and 30s. The company I was working for closed suddenly and as I looked for a job the real stress was trying to find a job that paid enough to just pay my bills. My wife and I just realized it was not the way to live. I have one kid in college and another that will be on a year - paying cash which is not easy given I saved $0 in preparation. All that being said, I am throwing everything I have at paying off the Suburban - I have my eyes on something new :). Until then I will Live vicariously through you guys!