Need help, next mustang mod

OGRE

I have a $150 gift card to summit. Well thinking it is a good time to brainstorm on what to do with it.

A line lock- good: easy on back brakes, but i only do burnouts a couple times a year.

Battery relocation: we all know the good, but i rally don't want to put a switch on the back of the car. I know MCIR doesn't care but Trails sure will.

shocks/struts: it has cut coil springs in back and coil overs up front. don't know how old they are, but they don't look bad likely around 25k mi. old. Strange makes adjustable rear shocks for $70 ea.

any other suggestions? there are no more bolt-ons that are an upgrade to the engine or driveline.

If you get the adjustable strange shocks for the rear, are you going to have different springs to put on it other than the cut ones? Id do the suspension too, even if you have to spend some out of pocket on it.

How does the car ride with the cut springs on the rear?

What do you want to do with the car? Is it primarily a daily driver? If so a set of Flowmaster mufflers will give you a great sound that makes the car a little more fun to drive.

Another great bang-for-buck is a 3.73 or 4.10 gearset, although if you can't install it yourself you'll have installation costs of $250 or so.

Or one of my favorite things I did on my cars was a tubular K-member, even with the stock lower arms and struts it makes doing anything under the car 1000 times easier and is so less cluttered underneath with it on there.

Or one of my favorite things I did on my cars was a tubular K-member, even with the stock lower arms and struts it makes doing anything under the car 1000 times easier and is so less cluttered underneath with it on there.

I agree with the K member idea, but a well engineered one is a good bit more than $150. QA1 is about the cheapest ones on the market, but changes the geometry quite a bit. I had one on my 98, and wish I spent the money for a Maximum Motorsports.

cam(s) are done, and no where are you going to find 4.6L shafts for under $200.

front susp. is tubular with coilovers & CC plates. It has good upper and lower control arms.

Cut springs work just fine, I have seen and been told time after time that many guys alot quicker than me use them. The car is supposed to just be a fun street car that gets to go to the track a few times a year.

it has flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back, LT's with a prochamber midpipe. it sounds great.

J-claytor, it gets washed and waxed regularly, but the old girl will never be a show queen, i'd rather paint it madmax style and surprise some one.

double post.

the shocks i think are still the leading contender. but loving the suggestions.

engine is maxed out for what it is, there are no better bolt-ons (cams incl.) exhaust too, front susp. is full tubular with 12-250 springs/(no swaybar) the trans is toped by an MGW, leading an al. DS.

Babbit bearing is building the rearend right now, detroit truetrac/motive 4.10 gears with superior 31- splines and a girdle, held in by polymer bushing solid control arms.

this is why i'm asking others to brainstorm because i'm kinda at a loss untill the piggybank can afford a coyote swap or a paint job.

<3 we're all bros in the blue oval. Let me know if you need a hand swapping motors someday.

You may want to add a couple more MPH to your trap speed before thinking I need a new engine. :D

BTW, the brakes are stock, and plenty good enough.

Ordered the shocks today.

You may want to add a couple more MPH to your trap speed before thinking I need a new engine. :D

BTW, the brakes are stock, and plenty good enough.

Ordered the shocks today.

I believe it. My setup is like a diesel truck. All about that low end torque carrying me to the next corner. It does "alright" at the drag strip.