Guy ghost rides his boat

jeffro

This is why I am convinced that owing a boat is like an invitation to the world's biggest douchebag party. No real licensing requirements and full of people who are so short sighted they can't see the end of their nose. Sure there are responsible boaters out there but for every one of them there is a guy like this, or a guy too intoxicated to operate one properly, or just the "watch this" youtube dumbass. Unfortunately the injury rate for boats does not punish the stupid in nearly the rate to cause change for stricter licensing and operator requirements. At least they have licenses now, back when I was a kid any yahoo could get in and drive (pilot?) a powerboat.

This is why I am convinced that owing a boat is like an invitation to the world's biggest douchebag party. No real licensing requirements and full of people who are so short sighted they can't see the end of their nose. Sure there are responsible boaters out there but for every one of them there is a guy like this, or a guy too intoxicated to operate one properly, or just the "watch this" youtube dumbass. Unfortunately the injury rate for boats does not punish the stupid in nearly the rate to cause change for stricter licensing and operator requirements. At least they have licenses now, back when I was a kid any yahoo could get in and drive (pilot?) a powerboat.

This really is a dumb post. You will have these idiots in every sport, not just boating.

This really is a dumb post. You will have these idiots in every sport, not just boating.

yes you have these idiots in every sport, but for some reason I just see a lot more of them in boating. I also hear about a lot more of them in boating. It is one of the reasons I don't go boating anymore.

Go to any lake and count the number of dudes with beers in one had and a throttle in the other. And before someone brings up "well you will see more drunk drivers" and more "wathc this" videos on youtube - well yeah that is because more people drive as a whole. Guess what, there are also more DWI checkpoints for cars then boats as well.

Say what you want, I spent many a summer working beach towns i and from personal experience the irresponsible behavior douche-bag quotient was very high. I avoid the sport YMMV. and FWIW I am only talking power boats here.

If you feel insulted by this, maybe you are one of the few safe boaters out there, but then your problem isn't really with me but the others that give such a negative impression of the sport. Or maybe you aren't, who knows. I didn't say what I said to be a neutral statement - but it is my personal experience and all that I can speak to.

It's not so much dumb as it is just rambling nonsense.

I've never met the guy thankfully but I'm sure he loves to hear himself talk...

Why not? I'm at cars and coffee almost every weekend. maybe you have met me and don't know it yet.

It's not that I love to hear myself talk so much as I love to troll this place a little when the conversation in the thread turns into a lot of Hank Hill and the guys standing in the alley going "Yup"...."yup"...."yup"....(sorry for the dated "King of the Hill" reference, I have been watching the reruns at night lately).

Why not? I'm at cars and coffee almost every weekend. maybe you have met me and don't know it yet.

It's not that I love to hear myself talk so much as I love to troll this place a little when the conversation in the thread turns into a lot of Hank Hill and the guys standing in the alley going "Yup"...."yup"...."yup"....(sorry for the dated "King of the Hill" reference, I have been watching the reruns at night lately).

I work in North Dakota and I don't drink coffee