Need new dryer....Best place to buy/recommendations on what one?

Bam

Our less than 4 year old Samsung dryer shit the bed. This is the 2nd time in the past 9 years. I tore it apart and tested a few sensors/switches as well as the motor and it appears the motor is bad. They are going for $150ish online and I don't want to spend that when I can get a more basic new one for around $400. I'm done with the fancy shit my wife picks out...give me a basic one and let's hope it lasts.

Electric dryer, larger the better...anyone have recommendations?

Something like this looks like it'll fit the bill...anyone disagree?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ge-7-0-cu-ft-6-cycle-electric-dryer-white/9878097.p?id=1219041459543&skuId=9878097

Lastly, anyone work anywhere/have hook ups anywhere to save a buck?

Thanks,

Matt

After all the shit we went through with our LG washer and dryer I can honestly say I will now be sticking with the lower end models of the Maytag family.

The Maytag dryer that we have now has been awesome.

The only thing that went wrong with it so far was the little tab that tells the dryer that the door is closed has gone bad in the part cost me $15 and took me 20 minutes to replace.

I'll never go back to a high-end washer and dryer again

We currently have the bravos X maytag dryer

sears outlet on sawmill usually has some deals on scratch and dent models of all appliances.

This is where i got most of my kitchen appliances. Unfortunately i'm starting to feel the same way as you on buying lower end instead of the higher stuff. My fridge was just over 3 years and compressor died. My new Samsung one after 2 weeks, ice maker gone. So waiting for replacement on it, luckily it's still under warranty. I have my older fridge that cost 1/4 as much still running in the basement over 12yrs old (7years as main).

So i think you have the right idea on getting something more economical. I'm trying to convince my wife of doing the same.

I'm looking at a new washer now myself. Small leak underneath where it looks like it's rusting.

Check with TooSweet (Steve). He works at Lowes (does commercial) but keeps an eye out for clearanced appliances. He has posted some really good deals that he's found at the store on here before.

Good luck!

-D

Go with a cheap ass Whirlpool/Maytag/Amana. The cheaper models are actually quite a bit more reliable than the higher end models due to their simplicity. I've never understood the people who drop $1500+ on a damn dryer...

If you send me your email, I can send you a link to the Whirlpool brands friends/family discount site.

Appliance smart off main st in reynoldsburg. Find something that has a dent or scratch and save some coin.

My mom just got a fridge that had a 5 foot scratch down the left side. This was perfect since ttat side is backed up to the wall so u can't see it. Saved a good chunk off a perfect one.

Good suggestions in this thread. Look for scratch-n-dent (it's a washer and dryer, who cares if it has a ding on it) or clearance or whatever. The only benefit to getting a high end dryer is the steam function on a lot of them which is nice. Basic Whirlpool/Maytag top load washer/dryers are the way to go if you want something that will last longer. I would NEVER buy a Samsung appliance without a 5-year warranty.

We have a few dryers here at the moment. I'll check what deals we have and let you know

Many of you are getting it. It's the little "extras" that send the prices rocketing on appliances. Many main components are shared throughout the line.

Also, I just be3lieve the quality of our appliances have taken a shit over the last couple decades. I recall and have experienced a time when kitchen appliances were bought once and with a little maintenance, would last long enough to pass them onto your kids while you bought new ones or vice versa.

Brb, heading out into my yard to randomly shake my fist at some passerbys...

Also, I just be3lieve the quality of our appliances have taken a shit over the last couple decades. I recall and have experienced a time when kitchen appliances were bought once and with a little maintenance, would last long enough to pass them onto your kids while you bought new ones or vice versa.

Yep. My mom's GE fridge from 1977 recently crapped out. The range from '77 and the Toshiba microwave from the early 80s are still going strong. Her upright freezer from the 60s still works too. The days when appliances would last more than a couple decades is long gone.

Appliances nowadays are only supposed to last for 8-10 years. Sucks, but that's just how it is now. The silver lining is they are much more energy efficient, so operating costs are significantly less. A lot of the high end stuff with the bells and whistles will sometimes crap out in a couple years. More electronics = more problems. Samsung is the worst by far. They have so many circuit/motherboard/wiring problems it's ridiculous.

I am not a fan of fridgidares... Our Dryers have been fine, but the washers not so much.

Frigidaire washers/dryers are probably the worst you can buy. 100% junk

Getting ready to get some new appliances next month when we move. (d/w, water heater/softener, microwave, maybe washer & dryer) Sucks trying to decide what to buy and how much to spend. Everyone has different opinions, experiences. Good luck OP.