Cop Refuses to Shoot Man!

Fubar231

I applaud this cop 1000x over. He could see the man didnt have a weapon so i feel this is the charge that all cops should take. If more were like this man i bet so many people wouldnt have a problem with them (Most) and wouldnt feel so on edge.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that bigass dude jumped on the cop and beat his face in, everybody would be questioning why the cop didn't shoot. It was simply a lucky day for both parties. I personally would have dumped the entire mag in his chest, gone home, and slept like a baby.

I applaud this cop 1000x over. He could see the man didnt have a weapon so i feel this is the charge that all cops should take. If more were like this man i bet so many people wouldnt have a problem with them (Most) and wouldnt feel so on edge.

No.

If that bigass dude jumped on the cop and beat his face in, everybody would be questioning why the cop didn't shoot. It was simply a lucky day for both parties. I personally would have dumped the entire mag in his chest, gone home, and slept like a baby.

+1

This.

It just happened to work out that the guy finally gave up, which was surprising. Take a look at how far the cop back-pedaled from his car. I'd have given the guy a few steps before anchoring his ass to the pavement.

Yup +1000

I think it's very easy to say what you WOULD have done, while never being in that position. The officer didn't feel he was a threat, therefore did not feel the need to take his life. But was prepared in case he did become a threat.

Some of the responses makes me hope that your train of thought isn't the same way when you conceal carry....

I think it's very easy to say what you WOULD have done, while never being in that position. The officer didn't feel he was a threat, therefore did not feel the need to take his life. But was prepared in case he did become a threat.

Some of the responses makes me hope that your train of thought isn't the same way when you conceal carry....

That cop put himself in a terrible position. The tactically smart thing to do would have been to shoot him. Retreating that far was stupid.

He knew he was on camera and didn't do what needed to be done because of it.

With everything going on in the media today with cops shooting people I can understand why he did not shoot. As long as the guy did not have a gun in hand there was no reason to shoot as long as the officer was able to keep a safe distance from him (though as soon as he would have pulled a weapon it would have been over I am sure). It looked to me like the guy in the vid was trying to be a martyr though, pretty much begging to be killed yet he is unarmed.

Is there anyone here who has actual police knowledge or training on as to when the change between a taser and a gun? I think this situation if there was a taser at my reach I would have dropped him with that then determined from there the level of the situation

As long as the guy did not have a gun in hand there was no reason to shoot as long as the officer was able to keep a safe distance from him (though as soon as he would have pulled a weapon it would have been over I am sure).

cop wasn't sure if he had a weapon thus why he said he was clearly watching the hand the bad guy had in a pocket. Had a weapon come out he would have likely been shot dead.

kudos to the cop and likely his military training and mindset for allowing him to keep cool. like the chief said, he could have dropped him and walked away with a clean consonance.

I can't help but wonder however that one day he does this again and gets shot or hurt. the other guys life isn't worth the risk IMO. Drop him and go home. We worry way too much about the bad guys in this country.

Is there anyone here who has actual police knowledge or training on as to when the change between a taser and a gun? I think this situation if there was a taser at my reach I would have dropped him with that then determined from there the level of the situation

I would have absolutely deployed my taser. This is a perfect example for it. However, you can't simply rely on just the taser to solve the situation. They don't always work 100%, miss, etc... so you still need to be prepared to resort to lethal force if necessary.

Not every cop carries a taser. You have to go through a qualification course and since (I've read) this guy is a rookie, I assume he hasn't done that yet.

Depends on the department. Majority of larger departments put you through the training in the academy.

I would have absolutely deployed my taser. This is a perfect example for it. However, you can't simply rely on just the taser to solve the situation. They don't always work 100%, miss, etc... so you still need to be prepared to resort to lethal force if necessary.

Depends on the department. Majority of larger departments put you through the training in the academy.

I guess I could only assume if you are trained to carry a gun a taser would be a given. And not saying they work all the time (esp when someone may be under a influence ) just in my mind that would have been my first thought to end the situation and then again after deployed asses the situation from there.

This guy also appears to fall while backing up and if he would have lost his gun God only knows would could have happened.

The cop had his gun pointed straight on the guy the entire time he was backing up, at any point if the suspect had pulled out a gun or any wep it would of been over for him in no time. He could of pepper sprayed or tazed him while he was backing up, but instead of just lighting a suspect up first chance, he gave him the benefit of doubt. Yeah the guy just killed two people but the cops life wasnt being threatened, so there would be no reason to kill him.

I feel like if more cops thought about what they were doing before lighting someone up it would be a lot better. Too many cops shoot and kill unarmed people, people that "Threaten there life" when watching the video there was no way it was threatened, etc.

Cops are on a power trip and its getting fucking old seeing the biggest gang in the u.s. get away with murder. ESPECIALLY when they murder someone WITHOUT A WEAPON.