Cadillac ATSv+ to get the LS7 :)

caseyctsv

My 3 series would get stuck in damn near any amount of snow. Sorry there is nothing fun about taking over a hour to try and get out of a neighborhood.

You need better tires. I limp around a 400+ horse rwd fat sedan all winter long without any issue. If I have ground clearance I can get through it.

You need better tires. I limp around a 400+ horse rwd fat sedan all winter long without any issue. If I have ground clearance I can get through it.

The biggest issue is once the snow is hard packed down no tire was getting traction. It had almost new all seasons wich yes is not a snow tire but it was not helping. My auto ls1 Camaro did mich better than my BMW did. It's just plain not worth the fight when I can get awd or 4wd for cheap.

If I or anyone else can afford the rwd sports car they "we" can afford a $2000 winter beater. Given that I plowed everywhere in my gtp without a single issue what so everno matter the amount of snow or ice

The biggest issue is once the snow is hard packed down no tire was getting traction. It had almost new all seasons wich yes is not a snow tire but it was not helping.

Given that I plowed everywhere in my gtp without a single issue what so everno matter the amount of snow or ice

All seasons are not snow tires...especially if they weren't kickass and very expensive. Obviously the fwd GP did better. I've driven a CTS and a G8, both rwd vehicles, one with quite a bit of power, for 7 years of winters with little issue. I've been stuck exactly 0 times. Again, you just need better tires. Your grandfather drove a 4000 rwd land yacht with no abs or traction control and made it work.

BMWs do suck in the snow. My lowered, open-diff 325 with 3 degrees of negative camber and 5 year old bald all seasons was barely able to keep up with traffic in a couple inches of snow this winter.

You can have fun, but you better not be in a hurry.

Was in Detroit this weekend for the GP. Was part of the Cadillac corral. While there I was able to get a little one on one face time with the chief engineer of the V division and asked him about this rumor. He told me emphatically that a V-8 in the ATS-V was NEVER going to happen. He stated that the car was designed and setup specifically for the TT V6. He said that weight and balance were huge considerations. When I asked about the LS7 weighing less than the V6, he said it does...until you add all of the fluids, including the 11 quarts of oil that the LS7 requires. I still want to drive one, but so far I'm impressed with the looks of the car.

BMWs do suck in the snow. My lowered, open-diff 325 with 3 degrees of negative camber and 5 year old bald all seasons was barely able to keep up with traffic in a couple inches of snow this winter.

You can have fun, but you better not be in a hurry.

lol my 335xi does great in the snow, it can't be stopped.:dumb: