GT350 Pricing leaked!

99StockGT

The Mustang6G folks tell us “Package Code 900A/920A” is the GT305R configuration, which turns the new Mustang into what Ford calls; “a no-compromise car in the pursuit of maximum track capability.”

Does it come with racing harnesses? Track Prepped? Safety wired? Sounds like a street car to me. I get that I am just being a pedantic wonk because the original 1965 GT350 came "race prepped" with a lot of these things (plus functional air extractors, overrider traction bars, and other things the new car probably does have). And not that I object to toy cars at all, just wondering what racing opportunities for this car as a track weapon there are beyond track days and bracket drag strip passes.

Does it come with racing harnesses? Track Prepped? Safety wired? Sounds like a street car to me. I get that I am just being a pedantic wonk because the original 1965 GT350 came "race prepped" with a lot of these things (plus functional air extractors, overrider traction bars, and other things the new car probably does have). And not that I object to toy cars at all, just wondering what racing opportunities for this car as a track weapon there are beyond track days and bracket drag strip passes.

Times have changed. Back in the day there weren't opportunities to get your car out on a track unless you went full fledged racing. Today high performance drivers education events are a popular way to take your street car to the track and exercise it in a controlled environment without some of the risks of racing. None of these cars are meant to be "race cars" you would go enter in the Trans-Am race next weekend.

I don't see any problems with it. For price and new car options to have fun with and track, it's one of the best options. Of course if you're a crazy tracker you probably won't buy a new car to track but still a fun street/track/weekend car to have. If you plan to drag race, you probably wouldn't buy it anyway.

• 5 weeks later...
Pretty awesome car, affordable too. I'd rather have a 13-14 GT500 for street (ab)use, but that's comparing used to new..

This is the reason I won't get rid of my Cobra for a long time. Still a formidable street car at far less the cost of something new... :nod: