What is the "best" day to go to Cedar Point?

KillJoy

Mid week, but the key is to be there early. If you're there waiting when the gates open, you can ride half the coasters in 2 hours, then pick your way through whatever else you want.

I enjoyed Halloweekends but you have to be prepared for it to be chilly chilly chilly and rainy

Went to King's Island for Halloween one year. Can't recall the name of the ride, but the one you sit in, takes you straight up - way up, and then drops you freefall. I was the only one on it, (best friend and girlfriend were being weenies), and it was actually warmer at the top than at ground level. A very noticeable difference. Then, a plummet back through the temp gradient to the cold cowards below. :p

Went to King's Island for Halloween one year. Can't recall the name of the ride, but the one you sit in, takes you straight up - way up, and then drops you freefall. I was the only one on it, (best friend and girlfriend were being weenies), and it was actually warmer at the top than at ground level. A very noticeable difference. Then, a plummet back through the temp gradient to the cold cowards below. :p

Halloweekends are a Cedar point thing. I know KI has something similar, (and may now be called halloweekends too because cedar point owns KI now)

october by the lake WAAAAY different than october by the river. ;)

I worked at KI for a number of years, Tuesday was always our slowest day. We'd be open weekends only for a bit in the spring and fall, as soon as we opened up for weekdays and right before we shut that down was the best time. Tuesdays though. Tuesday - Monday - Wednesday - Thursday in that order.

Halloweekends are a Cedar point thing. I know KI has something similar, (and may now be called halloweekends too because cedar point owns KI now)

october by the lake WAAAAY different than october by the river. ;)

They all have Halloween celebrations and I can imagine it was far colder at Cedar Point that night. :) I will say, we waited for practically nothing that night. We also lost the car keys. Funny story but I'll just say it ended up being an interesting night.

I went on a Wednesday last August, got lucky as a cold front had just come through with rain the night before and the high temp was 68 with a strong cool breeze off the lake, it was perfect. Longest wait was 45mins, most rides were 15mins or less.

They all have Halloween celebrations and I can imagine it was far colder at Cedar Point that night. :) I will say, we waited for practically nothing that night. We also lost the car keys. Funny story but I'll just say it ended up being an interesting night.

Well now we want to know the story.

• 2 weeks later...
Just went on Sunday and it was the slowest I ever remember seeing it. I went with a wedding party and we all bought a fast pass. Worth every bit of the $95. I rode over 8 rides in 4 hours and rode some twice. Lo fest wait was for the dragster and it was 18 mins.

• 1 month later...
Weekdays earlier and later in the season are best.

Tough with kids but sept/oct IMO is the best. even on weekends, short lines, everything is usually working b/c they shut down during the week late in the season, and the weather's still nice.

Like how late? We are thinking of heading up on a week day right after school starts (8/20ish). If stuff isn't open id be pretty upset.

Also, whats the best way to get the tix? Their site has $45 adult week day passes. Arent they cheaper at kroger?

They lose their college help starting Aug 24. Mon Aug 24 thru Thurs Aug 27 and Mon Aug 31 thru Thurs Sept 3 have reduced hours to 8pm only. Provides for some of the shortest ride lines of the season. Depending on weather,sometimes the park is 'deserted' and TTD,MF,and Mav have no lines and walk up to the platform and pick your seat. We use those days for hitting Cedar Point,Kings Island,Carowinds(Charlotte),and Six Flags New Jersey.

a cedar point forum,

http://pointbuzz.com/Forums

Edited by oldmanZ28
added forum link

Man, reading this makes me appreciate LBrands renting it out in September for a full day...they did it at kings island last year and the longest wait I had was 17 mins. Hoping it's the same his year at CP. Good luck dude.

Went on the 4th of July this year and had a 15 minute wait on a newer coaster, said fuck that shit and bought a fast pass. No matter the day, fast pass is the shit, add the $30 meal plan that you can eat every hour and a half with enough for two people and you have a great day