Back in the "car game"

caseyctsv

So true. This thing really drives well - I was worried for no reason. It is a little tricky starting on a hill but fine otherwise.

I do need to figure out the rear end - I know they can be a little noisy but this one seems to be noisier than others I have been in. You really cannot hear it unless you are in 5th going 45-55 MpH at steady throttle. It is pretty loud at that point but it goes silent if I just give it more throttle or speed up a bit. I have some research ahead of me.

It may be the trans then? Mine sounds like I have a broken dogbox when I put it in 5th at lose speed...lol

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So true. This thing really drives well - I was worried for no reason. It is a little tricky starting on a hill but fine otherwise.

I do need to figure out the rear end - I know they can be a little noisy but this one seems to be noisier than others I have been in. You really cannot hear it unless you are in 5th going 45-55 MpH at steady throttle. It is pretty loud at that point but it goes silent if I just give it more throttle or speed up a bit. I have some research ahead of me.

Does it have polyurethane bushings (or split factory rubber ones) in the rear suspension? They weren't kidding when they said the interior would get louder. Steve-O and I replaced our diff bushings in our V's with poly units, it's quiet in 1st, 2nd, 3rd...but noticably louder in 4th and 5th.

Sounds like a similar situation where the noise is only in a certain gear/RPM/MPH range or frequency...

It may be the trans then? Mine sounds like I have a broken dogbox when I put it in 5th at lose speed...lol

Definitely do not think it is tranny related. Trans shifts and feels better than any I have driven. Noise is definitely from the rear end. You guys may be right on the bushings - my CTSv made the same noises - this is just louder.