WTB: Porsche 911 [930/964/993] 1980-1998

ItzaME

Looking to buy any condition Porsche 911 from 1980-1998, cash in hand.

Rust is alright but don't want to bother with a completely rotted out shell..

Salvage/rebuilt/clean title don't matter

I'm pretty good at searching for cars so I've tapped out all of my resources & still waiting on several people to respond. Ideally I'm looking to stay sub 20k range. There's several I've found but the cheaper the better.

I'm looking for a decent deal not just a beat 911 a few grand under blue book or 'whatever these cars are selling for' price. Have been trying to get one before I turn 21 but seems like it won't happen.

Located in Cleveland. PM me with any details or leads. Thanks!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed your window by a couple years. If you're looking for high mile, salvage title cars keep in mind porsche parts are somewhat expensive, and you can easily spend more fixing a $20k porsche than just buying a good running $30k porsche.

If I find anyone that out of touch with reality with a 911 worth buying, I'm getting it for myself. If they have more of them, I'll let you know.

In your price range you can get very decent 996s, 944 turbos, 968s, boxsters, and some caymans

what about a Cayman? I know of an '06 Cayman locally that has a scored cylinder liner that is < $20k???

Yup saw both of these a little late but realistically that's something I would be looking for

I can buy a nice 964/930 for 30-40k but that takes the fun out of it. Won't go out of my way just yet. I'll update the thread if I pick something up. Don't think my first one will have a Porsche drivetrain lol. I like Caymans but don't want anything but a 911 as of right now. Ill keep searchin

I can buy a nice 964/930 for 30-40k but that takes the fun out of it. Won't go out of my way just yet. I'll update the thread if I pick something up. Don't think my first one will have a Porsche drivetrain lol. I like Caymans but don't want anything but a 911 as of right now. Ill keep searchin

Show me a nice 930 for 30-40k and I will purchase it today.

Show me a nice 930 for 30-40k and I will purchase it today.

Lol total opposite of why I started the thread, should be the other way around :D Its not listed and I know owner personally. I could PM details in future if I don't pick it up but doubt he'd let it go to someone for my price..

Lol total opposite of why I started the thread, should be the other way around :D Its not listed and I know owner personally. I could PM details in future if I don't pick it up but doubt he'd let it go to someone for my price..

Why on earth would you pass up a clean 930 for 30-40k, only to purchase a clapped out Porsche for 20k? :masturboy:

Why on earth would you pass up a clean 930 for 30-40k, only to purchase a clapped out Porsche for 20k? :masturboy:

Being a full time student blowing close to everything I got to get a car that won't be driven much at all isn't practical to me right now. Id have to sell all the toys and be stuck with some turd daily. As bad as it sounds I probably would still do it but since the car isn't going anywhere anytime soon I can hold off. I'm mainly looking for a shell. If only I bounced on this thing on time.

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5053959252.html

Even if its a targa ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Buy a 951 (944 turbo) and destroy any 911 (not newer 930s) in any contest in those years for 8-12 grand. Have you ever driven one? They are neat but they have to be one of the most overrated cars of all time.

Being a full time student blowing close to everything I got to get a car that won't be driven much at all isn't practical to me right now. Id have to sell all the toys and be stuck with some turd daily. As bad as it sounds I probably would still do it but since the car isn't going anywhere anytime soon I can hold off. I'm mainly looking for a shell. If only I bounced on this thing on time.

Graduate college, blow life savings on a Porsche in an unstable job enviorment? This will end in only 1 way, with you losing money and most likely butchering a good 930/964.

That car is sold, but if it weren't... has no engine in it. Porsche flat 6s are VERY expensive, and ls-swaps last I checked were $8k+ if you do the wrenching yourself and buy off-the-shelf hardware. If that car is perfect otherwise, $6500 ain't bad if you can source a replacement long block and hardware.

Buy a 951 (944 turbo) and destroy any 911 (not newer 930s) in any contest in those years for 8-12 grand. Have you ever driven one? They are neat but they have to be one of the most overrated cars of all time.

Not a fan of the 944's but then again I have not but have heard enough to know what your referring to.

Graduate college, blow life savings on a Porsche in an unstable job enviorment? This will end in only 1 way, with you losing money and most likely butchering a good 930/964.

Time will tell. You should hint when the next cheap 911 listing will be on eBay with your fortune telling ;)

That car is sold, but if it weren't... has no engine in it. Porsche flat 6s are VERY expensive, and ls-swaps last I checked were $8k+ if you do the wrenching yourself and buy off-the-shelf hardware. If that car is perfect otherwise, $6500 ain't bad if you can source a replacement long block and hardware.

Yes with the shell I would be going the renegade hybrid ls swap route. Investing ~15k into a beast like that is do-able and I don't see it as a crazy amount in a badass car like that. I'd rather get familiar with the format of the car that way anyway. Throw a set of wheels on it and could easily get my money back if not make profit if I decide to sell..

Cars are never a good investment but good cars in the years you are looking at are all only going up in value. If it were me I'd find the best deal I could find on an SC or 964, keep it close to stock and make it as nice as possible and you will never lose money on it, might even make money on it.

To be clear this is not true on post 993 cars unless they have a GT badge on them.

My 380 hp overrated 911 vs your 405 hp vette in a contest for best lap time at mid ohio???