I need a truck or SUV, thoughts?

Diamonds

I'm getting tired of dirtying my car every time I go to the range. Plus, it's nearly Impossible to get up the hill at Rayners if it's wet. I think I want a 4 door truck or an SUV. A truck would be optimal as the bed could house various target stands.

Criteria:

4 door

Reliable

4x4

Budget 7-10k

Ideas? I want to buy something that is not prone to breaking down.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tahoe or Grand Cherokee. 99-04 Grand Cherokee's are usually pretty cheap and I love mine. The 4.7 is terrible in terms of reliability and the 4.0l 6cyl is a dog but lasts forever are the downsides. Tahoes are a good deal also just try to avoid the AFM engines they tend to sieze rings and burn oil

I have owned 4 Suburbans and they have all been ridiculously reliable. I sold my 2002 Suburban Z71 to a friend with 146k miles and it ran like new. I sold it for 6k. He has put over 50k miles on it in a year with 0 money back into it (other than tires). He is getting ready to cross 200k. It is all original too - biggest repair I ever did was A/C compressor. We looked at the Expedition and Excursion and there really is no comparison. Chevy has been doing that size vehicle so much longer and it shows. That being said the drivetrain is the same as the Siverado so get that if you want a truck. We like the ability to carry people, things, or a combo of both. I got the Weathertech mats for the car and an perfectly comfortable throwing messy stuff in it.

I've heard that but I know a few people that have them and they liked em enough to get another. What's so bad?

Number one is head gaskets blow out easily

Trans has issues well it's a Chrysler so that's a given

Easily get quarter rust

Gas mileage is terrible

There are so many better options if you need 3rd row

Number one is head gaskets blow out easily

Trans has issues well it's a Chrysler so that's a given

Easily get quarter rust

Gas mileage is terrible

There are so many better options if you need 3rd row

I'm open to opinions. I was going to get another caravan but the prices hey are fetching for the miles, lol. :lolguy:

I'm in on the NBS Chevy SUV Yukon, Tahoe or whatever the hell they were called in the early 2000's.

I'd say a 2008+ but they might be out of the price range(though the interior is nicer and the engine is a little better)