No Amazon sales tax yet?

noobiemcnooberson.

I've been getting taxed on amazon fulfilled orders.

^^ this on the one order I've placed with them recently. I've switched to just going to other sources / direct to the vendors to avoid wasting my money on the taxes collected.

^^ this on the one order I've placed with them recently. I've switched to just going to other sources / direct to the vendors to avoid wasting my money on the taxes collected.

I would do this, but usually the free shipping with Prime far outweighs any sales tax; I would rather pay sales tax than shipping costs. Still kind of a bummer to have that added in, after so long without it.

I would do this, but usually the free shipping with Prime far outweighs any sales tax; I would rather pay sales tax than shipping costs. Still kind of a bummer to have that added in, after so long without it.

Yeah but most every place I've shopped has provided free shipping. One from Canada didn't offer it but all it took was me asking if they would do so to match the Amazon store and they did.

with all of our orders, i have come to this conclusion.

SOLD by Amazon + SHIPPED by Amazon = TAX

SOLD by Amazon, SHIPPED from 3rd Party = NO TAX

SOLD by 3rd Party on Amazon's site, but located in Ohio = TAX