Is it too good?

Forrest Gump 9

If you scroll down to the very bottom and click on the carfax report it was in an accident that exceeded $1,000 CAD, then was sold 3 times in Canada before getting shipped to Florida all before 35k miles. 4-ish owners and an accident according to Carfax would keep me away alone. This thing looks like a lemon on the Carfax.

If you do consider picking it up I would be curious to know what the accident was. simple fender bender with no mechanical damage? or are we talking something more serious?

Article is a crock.

I know the guy that "won the bid" on that auction, and the seller flaked out.

OP: CBA (09-11) GT-Rs can be had in the low $50s with that kind of mileage fairly easily. (and without bad carfax)

I just sold my 09 for under $60k and it had a good amount of mods.

Edited by 2highpsi

no

with that mileage, something big is about to come up. most won't agree with me, but i have a unique car buying policy. i'm not opposed to buying used cars at all--it makes sense to let someone else take the initial 30% hit in price. BUT

if i can't at least afford to buy the car brand new, then i probably shouldn't be buying it. i like to put 20% or more down immediately---that way if shit hits the fan, and i need to get rid of it immediately, i won't be upside down.

i would steer clear of this car though

Probably something more major...guessing it prompted the "$15,000 color change"

If it took the original owner only 5 months to do something that required $15,000 to redo the paint, just think of what other damage could be under that expensive new paint job. :(

I would steer away from this particular car as well.

I wouldn't worry about 50k miles on a well maintained GTR though. I've driven plenty of them with that kind of mileage, and they were all just fine.

The early transmission problems were due to improper Transmission Control Module programming. That programming was referred to as LC1, and I doubt there are too many cars left in the country (if any) that still have LC1 installed.

What. A. Car! I can see me cruising one of those to the drag strip every weekend.

BANGIN SHIFTS

BANGIN SHIFTS

BANGIN SHIFTS

:dumb: AUTOMATIC LOL :dumb:

If you scroll down to the very bottom and click on the carfax report it was in an accident that exceeded $1,000 CAD, then was sold 3 times in Canada before getting shipped to Florida all before 35k miles. 4-ish owners and an accident according to Carfax would keep me away alone. This thing looks like a lemon on the Carfax.

If you do consider picking it up I would be curious to know what the accident was. simple fender bender with no mechanical damage? or are we talking something more serious?

Gotcha, didn't see that part.

From experience can't get much better as far as safety for the buyer than Ebay so you have that going for you. Also I love that color what is that?

I do not slide that the buyer protection for cars is the same as general merchandise. I think it is more caveat emptor with actual cars and such. General merchandise is protected well.

I would steer away from this particular car as well.

I wouldn't worry about 50k miles on a well maintained GTR though. I've driven plenty of them with that kind of mileage, and they were all just fine.

The early transmission problems were due to improper Transmission Control Module programming. That programming was referred to as LC1, and I doubt there are too many cars left in the country (if any) that still have LC1 installed.

FWIW If it has been into a Nissan dealer, it doesn't have LC1 on it now.

FWIW If it has been into a Nissan dealer, it doesn't have LC1 on it now.

Correct.

That's why I said I doubt any of them still have it.

And most of the guys who don't go to dealers, have had their cars tuned and likely upgraded to LC5

So you would have to find a bone stock 09 that hasn't been to a nissan dealer in 5 years. Fairly unlikely.