Bugeye WRX. Yay or nay

Lauren

About to pull the trigger on an 02 WRX but I have never owned one before and no first hand experience with them.

This is an 02 Wagon. 70k on a jdm engine with gates timing belt. Cobb access port v3. Turbo back exhaust. Suspension done. A solid stage 2 car. It in really good shape and it's blue the only color I would consider. It has only had rotella T6 and larger filter.

I'm needing a fun winter car and this seems to fit the bill. Any problems with these things? I know they can spin rods pretty easily. I'm not planning on adding any more power I'll leave that as is. I'll probably just tint it and get some nice gold wheels.

Thoughts?

Inb4inbredhomodancercomments

If I do pick it up. Is there any good wrx shops in the Columbus area?

ZB at Sigmatech is our long time mechanic. Nathan doesnt let anyone but him touch his car.

He's awesome, he's active in the subaru community, as well as rallycross (he's at Nationals right now!) and has 3 subarus himself. He's in Hilliard.

876-1007

Seems like a good price and they are fun winter cars. Wait till you get spinning in a snowy parking lot with no one else around. :gabe:

They tend rust above the rear tires where the plastic bumper meets the body and if it gets bad enough by the fuel door it with set a CEL for an evap leak

I did a timing belt and water pump and various gaskets and seals. Oh and front brakes. $700 for car and maybe 1300 in parts. I did all the labor myself. Not sure how that would add up to over a $4000 dollar sale

I remember my 02 WRX, best thing about it? It was totaled and not my fault and I got an 05 STI. Man that car was Ugly. LOL

There is definitely some angles that are not flattering with the bugeye that's for sure. I really wish the wagon had the wider fenders like the sedan. Overall I enjoy the styling.

:lolguy:

Inb4 this guy gets another 'great deal' that's a giant pile that he loses money on.

Man, seems like an old car for someone that has a lawyer and accountant on retainer.

keep in mind this thread is from the guy who complains about the "fucking" cops being parked in his business' parking lot and then has an armed robbery at the jimmy john's 5 doors away.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/08/03/crimetracker-10-westerville-man-robs-sandwich-shop.html

keep in mind this thread is from the guy who complains about the "fucking" cops being parked in his business' parking lot and then has an armed robbery at the jimmy john's 5 doors away.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/08/03/crimetracker-10-westerville-man-robs-sandwich-shop.html

lol. He might as well round off the persona and buy a late 90's 7 series with a billion miles on it or a Jaguar x type.

Since obviously we can't have a simple discussion about an 02 WRX, I'm going to close the thread. You guys need to allow OP or anyone to ask questions without all the bullshit that follows or people will not post and this will ultimately hurt the site more then a few laughs at someones expense.

Some of you were warned, some were infracted. I am done with this topic.