Salt Fork?

HUMBLER1647545517

Salt Fork is a great weekend trip! As Matt mentioned, it does have a pretty sizable no wake area but the ski area is big enough to tear around for a bit and the water is great to swim and tube.

If you're a golfer, the golf course is awesome as well! You can play 18 in the morning then boat all afternoon and evening. We go as a family and get a cabin and it is always a ton of fun.

-Marc

We have taken the boat there and we do the 10 mile trail run each spring and fall. Awesome lodge and grounds. The cabins and Cabents around the lodge look like fun. Salt Fork is the flagship state park in Ohio. The boating is decent. The lake is big but it is narrow. Lots of no-wake...as mentioned. However...to be clear...this isn't your usual no-wake. It feels like it goes on forever. Effectively it is like three small lakes linked by excruciatingly long no-wake zones.

An alternative for boating is Seneca. It is about the same distance but offers pretty much unrestricted boating. There is a small island on the east side just inside a large cove where all the boats raft up and they have volleyball setup on a sand bar. FYI...if you have been wondering where all the Buckeye Lake people went this summer....Seneca. Even Buckeye Lake Marina opened up a location there. I'm surprised there isn't a Papa Boo's East. :) HP limit is 399 but we haven't been questioned yet.

We have taken the boat there and we do the 10 mile trail run each spring and fall. Awesome lodge and grounds. The cabins and Cabents around the lodge look like fun. Salt Fork is the flagship state park in Ohio. The boating is decent. The lake is big but it is narrow. Lots of no-wake...as mentioned. However...to be clear...this isn't your usual no-wake. It feels like it goes on forever. Effectively it is like three small lakes linked by excruciatingly long no-wake zones.

An alternative for boating is Seneca. It is about the same distance but offers pretty much unrestricted boating. There is a small island on the east side just inside a large cove where all the boats raft up and they have volleyball setup on a sand bar. FYI...if you have been wondering where all the Buckeye Lake people went this summer....Seneca. Even Buckeye Lake Marina opened up a location there. I'm surprised there isn't a Papa Boo's East. :) HP limit is 399 but we haven't been questioned yet.

Interesting...more details? What kind of boat do you have? How deep is Seneca?

-Marc

I have a Baja 272 Shooter with a 502 in it. Depth at Seneca is good. Varied from 9 to 30 foot according to my gauge. It is surrounded by hills and the dropoff at the shore is steep for an ohio lake. Water quality was better than Alum and way better than buckeye or dillan. The bottom is a fine gravel and not muddy or weedy anywhere we stopped.

I've heard Seneca is nice, will check that out as well.