Recommend me a suit guy/place

Fiji ST

Weird request, but I need to get a new suit for a wedding over Labor Day. I've always gone home to Pittsburgh to work with this awesome guy my dad goes to, but he's since retired. Anyone recommend a certain store/person to talk to? I don't really want to go to Men's Warehouse unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks!

You looking for a suit to wear 2-3 times a year for just special events ( like weddings ) or something you will be wearing more then that?

Few places I can suggest but prices will vary a LOT depending on what you are looking to get out of it.

What's your budget? I use to score deals on nicer suits at DSW on sawmill road, then take the to be tailored to me. I've picked up $400-$500 suits there for $1xx Tickners is a great place, and you'll pay a bit to be a customer. I've never found what I like in department stores.

I actually got great service at men's warehouse off Morse/easton. Huge range in price, and tailored to fit. I picked up a nice $650 Calvin Klein for a decent amount off a package price with shirt/belt/shoes/tie.

I'll be wearing it a couple times a year, so I want to buy something that will look good and last for years. I don't mind spending the money for something high-quality. I probably won't get anything on sale as I've screwed myself and waited until the last minute to do something.

I stopped by a Jos. A Bank and my god did they get expensive. I then went to Nordstroms as I found they carry Hart Schaffner Marx suits that I already have. Less expensive and I know the brand as I have one from 7 years ago that's holding up incredibly well.

Will check out Ticknors and I didn't know DSW sold suits. I've had bad experiences with different Men's Warehouses over the years as well as a few friends of mine, so I really don't want to go there unless I have to like I said.

*Oh, and it's really annoying to find the majority of suits are these slim fits. Don't they know the average American is a fat ass??

I'll be wearing it a couple times a year, so I want to buy something that will look good and last for years. I don't mind spending the money for something high-quality. I probably won't get anything on sale as I've screwed myself and waited until the last minute to do something.

I stopped by a Jos. A Bank and my god did they get expensive. I then went to Nordstroms as I found they carry Hart Schaffner Marx suits that I already have. Less expensive and I know the brand as I have one from 7 years ago that's holding up incredibly well.

Will check out Ticknors and I didn't know DSW sold suits. I've had bad experiences with different Men's Warehouses over the years as well as a few friends of mine, so I really don't want to go there unless I have to like I said.

*Oh, and it's really annoying to find the majority of suits are these slim fits. Don't they know the average American is a fat ass??

I was told Jos. A Bank would mark down over 50% on anything. I tried it a few weeks back and it felt weird asking for money off, but he did it without blinking an eye.

For what it's worth, I have purchased several suits from Nordstrom's and have always had a good experience. I'm no suit guru, but they seem to have a nice selection, the prices aren't ridiculous, and the customer service has always been really good.

Ticknors was overly assisting in fitting me for a fat ass suit.

:)

KillJoy

Another vote for Ticknor's. I go to Jos. A Bank for cheap and Ticknor's for service.

Side note but I ended up dating the stepdaughter of a guy from Ticknor's who sold me my suit for a little while :lolguy: he's not there anymore though.