6) Wisconsin

7) Indiana

8) Minnesota

My Current Playoff 4

1) Ohio State

2) TCU

3) LSU

4) Utah

*note, not my top 4, just assuming 2 don't get in from one cconference.

This was a pretty crazy week. Rough week for the top 10, and a big day for a lot of B1G teams.

So after looking over sec schedules I'm much more confident in Bama winning the west. I was afraid of LSU but they literally are a run only team. Bamas front seven will take care of business against fournette. Shut him down and it's going to be pick after pick.

LSU also plays Florida before bama and I don't see LSU beating Florida.

Bama shouldn't have any problems against Miss St. That just leaves A&M and that's going to be their toughest game but I don't think they struggle against them.

Ole miss has tough games the rest of the season. I think LSU beats them if not A&M will making them 2 loss.

I wish Baylor,TCU and Oklahoma would hurry up and play each other so we can stop talking about two Big 12 teams at the top.

Down year? Bama's great, LSU is doing great, A&M look strong, OLE Miss was doing good(they still are only one loss). Miss st is average and Auburn and Arkansas are not good.

I wouldn't say the west is down

Alabama - lost to a highly overrated Ole Miss

Arkansas - can't come out of their OOC schedule with a winning record

Auburn - LOL

Ole Miss - Talk to me when you don't get utterly embarrassed by a Florida team with a first year HC.

LSU - One deminsional offense (Fournette is insane though)

Miss St - Overrated just like last year

Does anyone know the metric as to how they come up with QBR? I was just looking at our box score and Cardale's QBR seems so low that there is a serious flaw in the formula or an error.

Cardale: 18/27 245yds 1TD 1INT = 11.2 QBR

Sudfeld: 10/21 134yds 0TD 0INT = 55.5 QBR

Does the 1 interception really hold THAT much weight? So if he hadn't thrown that INT would his QBR be in the 70-80 range? I mean if Sudfeld's under 50% completion percentage and under 150 yards passing warrants a 55 QBR, then this makes no sense.

According to ESPN, QBR was developed to measure the degree to which a quarterback contributed to scoring points for the team, and also to a win by the team. For example, completing a pass to earn a first down at the quarterback's own 20-yard-line with 30 seconds left in the game is unlikely to lead to any points for his team, but if they are already leading it increases the probability of winning, as it usually enables the leading team to run out the clock. This second criterion is quantified using a "win probability" function which ESPN developed by analyzing data for each play of NFL games over the previous decade.

The computation requires an examination of each play in which the quarterback was involved. For each play, the change in the expected value of the points scored by the two teams is determined along with the maximum possible change in points for each team. The net points gained by the offense on the play are divided between the players involved in the play based on how much each contributed to the points gained or lost. For example, on a play where the quarterback immediately hands the ball off to a running back after the snap, the quarterback's contribution is negligible. On passing plays the quarterback is likely to have a major contribution, along with the blockers and the receiver. The resulting value is compared to the maximum possible net point gain, and this comparison leads to a "net points percentage" value between 0 and 100 for the quarterback on each play which roughly represents the percentage of the possible point gain that the quarterback produced. This value is transformed so that a value of 50 represents the average net point gain of an NFL quarterback on the play.

The win probability function is then used to compute a "clutch index" for each play ranging from 0.3 to 3.0, with higher values corresponding to plays that have a greater influence on winning or losing the game. The QBR is obtained by taking the weighted average of the "points gained percentage" for each play, with each play having a weight equal to its clutch index. Thus the QBR has a range from 0 to 100 with 50 being considered average.

Dale didn't have a lot to do with our win, and we were favored by three td's. We were SUPPOSED to win, and he was SUPPOSED to have a good day. On the flip side, Sudfield was playing the 6th ranked defense in the country, and was expecting to get blown out. In the most clutch situations, Dale was either invisible or making mistakes. I can't find an actual metric breakdown (pretty sure thats ESPN's "secret recipe"), but I would think it's pretty heavily weighted to those moments.

QBR is an unofficial stat created by ESPN and used only by ESPN. Not to be confused with QB Rating. It's a bunch of BS, so don't pay any attention to it. For example, Aaron Rodgers' practically flawless 5 TD performance a couple weeks ago was considered average according to QBR.

QBR is an unofficial stat created by ESPN and used only by ESPN. Not to be confused with QB Rating. It's a bunch of BS, so don't pay any attention to it. For example, Aaron Rodgers' practically flawless 5 TD performance a couple weeks ago was considered average according to QBR.

It was created by Trent Dilfer to make him look like not such a bad QB.