College Football Thread v11.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broken leg for Corey Smith. It seemed like he was starting to get the ball in the Indiana game too.

I saw, that sucks.. he was starting to get some good blocks in too. I just hope that Jalin learns to tuck the ball and stop fumbling. He runs good rounds, gets open, just can't hold on to the ball. Stop turning the ball over and we would of blew out Indiana. The turnovers is what killing what gains the offense had made.

How would you guys compare the B1G's top 6 over the other conferences top 6? I'd put it above the ACC and the Pac 12, tied with the Big 12 and right behind the SEC. Overall the B1G is having a pretty solid year, at least towards the top.

i think the B1G is tied with the SEC if we are talking about top 5...

Reading Yahoo and had a good laugh. Their writer has Michigan in the final 4 with 1 loss and winning the Big 10. Yeah they are better than last year, no they are not better than Michigan St and Ohio State.

I will pick Northwestern to beat them this week!

#13 Northwestern vs #18 TTUN

#23 Cal vs #5 Utah

Stupid upset pick: S. Carolina over LSU

How would you guys compare the B1G's top 6 over the other conferences top 6? I'd put it above the ACC and the Pac 12, tied with the Big 12 and right behind the SEC. Overall the B1G is having a pretty solid year, at least towards the top.

1. PAC-12

2. B1G

3. Big XII/SEC

4. SEC/Big XII/ACC

5. ACC/SEC/Big XII

Honestly kind of hard to rank the entire conferences. I firmly believe the PAC-12 is the best in the country right now, but the B1G may give them a run for their money. Regardless, PAC and B1G are #1 and #2, without a doubt. The rest are really interchangeable, but not exactly sure where they fall. Likewise though, they're solidly behind the B1G and the PAC-12. There's a pretty clear line between the top 2 and the bottom 3.

The Pac 12 as a top conference LMFAO. Both Arizona teams have dropped. USC is garbage. Oregon is garbage. Ucla has lost and looks vulnerable. You are left with California who is undefeated against shit teams so far and then you have Utah who looks legit. That conference is not stacked at all.

Florida

A&M

Bama

Ole Miss

LSU

Georgia :-/

I would put those teams against any teams or conferences in the country.

B1G does have some legit teams this year.

NW

OSU

Michigan

Michigan ST

Iowa

Is about the best it has to offer.

The big 12 is pretty weak. And as soon as they start playing each other watch them all fall.

I would say B1G is just a hair behind the SEC. The rest can fight for he other positions.

Sec

B1g

Pax 12

AAC

Big 12

Jive has the ACC so bad he left them off the list in favor of the AAC. Honeslty, besides Clemson & FSU, not much seperation.

I think it's between the SEC & Big Ten. The SEC has about 5 decent teams and Fortnette. No dominate favorite.

OSU is playing bad on offense, not LSU bad, but pretty bad. But not looking like a dominate favorite either. Big Ten does have last year's SEC East Champs sitting at 4-1 with the only loss being to #1

There's no clear answer to me other than which conference & teams were serverly overrated to begin the season.

Reading Yahoo and had a good laugh. Their writer has Michigan in the final 4 with 1 loss and winning the Big 10. Yeah they are better than last year, no they are not better than Michigan St and Ohio State.

I will pick Northwestern to beat them this week!

#13 Northwestern vs #18 TTUN

#23 Cal vs #5 Utah

Stupid upset pick: S. Carolina over LSU

Should know more about Michigan after this weekend for sure. Right now I think they could absolutely beat Michigan State or Ohio State. But neither of those teams is clicking just yet. Michigan State showed up for the game against Oregon but not much else. Ohio State showed up for the game against Virginia Tech but not much else. Michigan played what is now looking like it was a really tough game in Utah to open the season and has been rolling ever since. They're nothing special offensively but they're solid. They are something special defensively. And while the offense isn't anything spectacular, its style complements a great defense perfectly. Something that does bug me about all this praise Michigan is getting right now is how people are crediting Harbaugh/Durkin for improving the defense. News flash... that defense was great a year ago. It's just the offense didn't do anything to help them. They kept Mattison on staff for a reason.

As for the conferences, I think you could put any of the B1G, SEC and Pac 12 as the strongest conference right now. Big 12 isn't too far behind that first tier. ACC is well behind everyone.

All 3 of those top tier conferences look to have interesting seasons ahead of them with no clear cut favorites even within the divisions of each conference.

The SEC as a top conference LMFAO. Both Mississippi teams have dropped. Auburn is garbage. Arkansas is garbage. Alabama has lost and looks vulnerable. You are left with LSU who is undefeated against shit teams so far and then you have TAMU who looks legit. That conference is not stacked at all.

Fixed. We can both make claims about 1 loss teams being good or bad.

so South Carolina is going to move it's game with LSU to LSU because of the flooding. So, is South Carolina still the "home team?" Kind of a raw deal for SCAr.

LSU doing a ton to accommodate them. If anyone is going to know how bad it is to be displaced by a hurricane it's people in Louisiana. South Carolina students can get in for $5 at the gate, LSU's band is learning South Carolina's fight song and alma mater, all profits from ticket sales are going to South Carolina, etc.

LSU doing a ton to accommodate them. If anyone is going to know how bad it is to be displaced by a hurricane it's people in Louisiana. South Carolina students can get in for $5 at the gate, LSU's band is learning South Carolina's fight song and alma mater, all profits from ticket sales are going to South Carolina, etc.

I believe that both teams are also wearing alternate uniforms

Props on this.

Glenville boys are going to have to step up in the secondary. With Damon Webb suspended indefinitely and now Cam Burrows out for the season (foot injury, had surgery), Marshon Lattimore and Erick Smith are going to have to fill in at the nickle and then if Conley or Apple get dinged up again. Lattimore has been getting beat a lot since Webb has been out and Smith has only been working as a backup safety so now that Burrow's season is officially over gotta think Ash will start working Smith at the nickle.

Glenville boys are going to have to step up in the secondary. With Damon Webb suspended indefinitely and now Cam Burrows out for the season (foot injury, had surgery), Marshon Lattimore and Erick Smith are going to have to fill in at the nickle and then if Conley or Apple get dinged up again. Lattimore has been getting beat a lot since Webb has been out and Smith has only been working as a backup safety so now that Burrow's season is officially over gotta think Ash will start working Smith at the nickle.

Fickell alluded to Webb returning at some point during the season