College Football Thread v11.0

bicranium

Games start today, don't want the other thread crapping out in the middle of the weekend or the OSU game Monday night so starting fresh.

The big games that were being picked on the back end of the last thread for those who would like to add their picks...

#2 TCU at Minnesota

Washington at #23 Boise State

Virginia at #13 UCLA

Louisville vs. #6 Auburn (neutral site game)

Texas A&M vs. #15 Arizona State (neutral site game)

Texas at #11 Notre Dame

#20 Wisconsin vs. #3 Alabama (neutral site game)

#1 Ohio State at Virginia Tech

http://i.imgur.com/d7VNSfs.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 #2 TCU at Minnesota

Virginia at #13 UCLA

Texas at #11 Notre Dame

#2 TCU at Minnesota

Virginia at #13 UCLA

Texas at #11 Notre Dame

Will also go with Central Michigan over Oklahoma State tonight and ULM puts a scare in Georgia mid way thru the 3rd quarter on Saturday

why is M***igan vs Utah not being discussed? I know its not a big game, but its another B1G school and they are playing tonight!!

Besides Harbaugh making his debut, I don't think it's that big of a game.

31-10 Utah against a lack luster performance from Michigan that barely gets 350 yards of total offensive.

why is M***igan vs Utah not being discussed? I know its not a big game, but its another B1G school and they are playing tonight!!

I should have added it. I just took the list of games that were being picked from the last thread and stuck with it. Because I'm lazy.

Will definitely be flipping back and forth between TCU-Minnesota and Utah-Michigan tonight.

Harbaugh is weird. I didn't realize just how weird he is until more recently. I have my doubts that he'll lead Michigan to the Renaissance most are expecting. I think he's kind of a train wreck waiting to happen.

Think about it - he left the NFL after being uniformly successful there. Who does that? What would cause that kind of situation, where a guy who is doing great by most accounts opts to leave and go to a job that almost everyone would see as a step down?

I get it that he was kind of an ass with the higher ups in San Fran and there was a lot of friction. Still, it's bad business to let a good coach go...unless there's something else going on.

I think Michigan rides the adrenaline to a respectable record this year, like 9-3 or something. Then they steadily decompensate.

Copypaste from other thread. Happy College Football day gentlemen!

Notable P5 games this week:

#2 TCU at Minnesota - I think TCU wins in a close game. TCU is one of my early playoff picks.

Virginia at #13 UCLA - UCLA could be a quiet surprise this year.

Louisville vs #6 Auburn (neutral-site game) - Aubie wins, but not by much. I expect them to be out of the top 10 by week 4.

Texas A&M vs #15 Arizona State (neutral-site game)

Texas at #11 Notre Dame - Homer pick. Born in Austin, would love for the Horns to rise back to relevancy. I also think Notre Dame is garbage, as usual.

#20 Wisconsin vs. #3 Alabama (neutral-site game) - Wisky in a shootout. 40+ by both teams.

#1 THE Ohio State Buckeyes at Virginia Tech - tOSU is antsy, but solid. Expect a couple 4th quarter TDs to seal the win.

Week 1 playoff picks:

Ohio State, TCU, USC, Alabama

Edited by airwg2189

Harbaugh is weird. I didn't realize just how weird he is until more recently. I have my doubts that he'll lead Michigan to the Renaissance most are expecting. I think he's kind of a train wreck waiting to happen.

Think about it - he left the NFL after being uniformly successful there. Who does that? What would cause that kind of situation, where a guy who is doing great by most accounts opts to leave and go to a job that almost everyone would see as a step down?

I get it that he was kind of an ass with the higher ups in San Fran and there was a lot of friction. Still, it's bad business to let a good coach go...unless there's something else going on.

I think Michigan rides the adrenaline to a respectable record this year, like 9-3 or something. Then they steadily decompensate.

Weird dude for sure. Saban left, Petrino didn't make it through a season. Control freaks can't handle the NFL structure of having a front office to deal with.

I see Michigan being 6-6 or 7-5, 8-4 at best. I think he will make them respectable like he built up Stanford, but his craziness won't keep him there long.

Meyer might still be at OSU when Harbaugh leaves/resigns/forced out.

Which reminds me, remember when Michigan fans said things like "I'd rather have 10 years of Hoke than 5 years of Meyer." ? :lolguy:

• Upvote 1

o0n8, can you add the UM-Utah game, the tOSU-VT game to the pick-em?

ESPN picks the games and doesn't let you change them. And it looks like it will always be the Saturday games as far as I can tell.

Weird dude for sure. Saban left, Petrino didn't make it through a season. Control freaks can't handle the NFL structure of having a front office to deal with.

I see Michigan being 6-6 or 7-5, 8-4 at best. I think he will make them respectable like he built up Stanford, but his craziness won't keep him there long.

Meyer might still be at OSU when Harbaugh leaves/resigns/forced out.

Which reminds me, remember when Michigan fans said things like "I'd rather have 10 years of Hoke than 5 years of Meyer." ? :lolguy:

Both Saban and Petrino sucked at the NFL level and couldn't win. Harbaugh won plenty. So, makes sense for them to have left, but not him.

Also, I'll stand by what I said about Meyer back when he got hired: if he wins us two NCs and leaves in five years, then I'm fine with that. I remember how stupid whiny the Florida fan base was when he left, then came back to coaching. Idiots, he won you 2 national championships.

Also, I'll stand by what I said about Meyer back when he got hired: if he wins us two NCs and leaves in five years, then I'm fine with that. I remember how stupid whiny the Florida fan base was when he left, then came back to coaching. Idiots, he won you 2 national championships.

Will never forget the title of the article about big, bad Urban Meyer and how destroyed Florida. "From Champs to Chomped: How Urban Meyer Broke Florida Football." My default response to every idiotic Florida fan after OSU hired him was simply... "I hope he breaks OSU football the same way he broke Florida football."

Will never forget the title of the article about big, bad Urban Meyer and how destroyed Florida. "From Champs to Chomped: How Urban Meyer Broke Florida Football." My default response to every idiotic Florida fan after OSU hired him was simply... "I hope he breaks OSU football the same way he broke Florida football."

LOL, truth.

Ohio State Will Wear Helmet Decal Against Virginia Tech That Honors WDBJ-7 Victims

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites/default/files/styles/904x490/public/c/2015/09/58728_h.jpg,qitok=pIVG17zZ.pagespeed.ce.yuMe3R6cDi.jpg

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2015/09/58728/ohio-state-will-wear-decal-honoring-wdbj-7-victims-against-virginia-tech