1952 Chevy - A family heirloom

Otis Nice

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Thanks.

I'm with Clay but I also like the way these fill up the massive wheel wells and how cheap they were. I mean, free tires is hard to beat vs. ~$1k. They also help the ride I think. It wasn't nearly as rough as I thought it would be. It def felt like an old truck but it didn't beat ya around the entire time.

:lol: Well, you're not TOO far off from the pics we had done for moms Christmas cards and what not.

No tree in the bed this year since the wood still needs to set up/cure and all that jazz, but maybe next year. We DID get fam pics with 3 generations in/around it though. My boys loved it. They love my Lincoln too. Good to see them into classic/unique vehicles so young. My 2 year old ALWAYS perks up hearing any kind of loud exhaust drive by too. Could be a muscle car, motorcycle, or POS with an exhaust leak. Anything loud and he goes, "EESE CAR?!" (race car) and tries to get to a window to look out.

• 3 weeks later...

The orig jack was cleaned up. It's still fully functional. The rear bumper mounts finally came in, got painted, and allowed the rear bumper to be installed. Vacay postponed some of the finishing touches.

129579781-1766085936894273-3004662086386106237-n.jpg

130539460-197476685337059-2665684197846672374-n.jpg

129868540-815763382601067-1535816617929197635-n.jpg

Edited by Otis Nice

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

After getting the shaft for last years Pumpkin Run, (our goal to have the truck finished by but then it got canceled, thanks COVID) and going to a LOT of shows in the '76 Ford in 2019, this year looks more promising. Tonight was the first "Take Back the Strip" Circleville cruise and instead of driving my Lincoln separately I decided to ride with dad. I'm glad I did. We talked about the truck, the history of it, what papaw and granddad would think about it now, etc.

We got to see a lot of Jeep's (MOJO was out in full force), modern muscle, old school muscle, low riders, one off's, Tesla's, imports, domestics, motorcycles, etc. It was a great time. The best thing for me was seeing dad get to FINALLY showcase to "the world" all his hard work. About 97% of this truck was done frame off by his hands. To see him finally able to show it off, even just in little ol' Circleville and see him smiling, was all I needed.

168515508-10224004106547059-5800770054782992016-n.jpg

169041200-10224004106507058-983302017887396642-n.jpg

More pics of the cruise here.

Edited by Otis Nice

So cool!

Thanks, Matt.

Ugh that's my dream truck. Always wanted one. I've been on the search for one to work on with my son.

I have a 1949 GMC chassis I'd let go for a good price. We have another '49 to build next already and my Lincoln needs some TLC so I'm not sure if we'll ever get to it anyway.

So awesome. Thanks for all the pics and the update, it's really cool to see it out on the road. Badass truck :cool:

Thanks.

You're welcome for the pics and updates. Honestly I hold back so I don't just load this thread up every time I look at it or fart in it or whatever. :lol:

Loving this thing. Such a good feeling every time he tells me, "took the truck out today. Stopped at Rural King and it took me 45 minutes to get inside. Lot of folks were asking about it." He's always grinning ear to ear talking about it too.

It's not the fastest, best handling, most powerful, most modern, or whatever, but it's priceless to us and the most fun I've ever had working on/building/driving/riding in a vehicle.

Edited by Otis Nice

Love it. Absolutely love it, the truck is awesome and the family story just makes it that much better. Pretty much every family car guys dream, to have his kids etc involved.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Love it. Absolutely love it, the truck is awesome and the family story just makes it that much better. Pretty much every family car guys dream, to have his kids etc involved.

Agreed.

Once they get back from a month long vacay to a couple places we'll prob be somewhat close to tearing into the "Fun '49". While Huck (my oldest, now 7) "helped" here and there on the Fam '52 I'm hoping his interest only grows and he helps even more with the next build.

• 3 months later...