Low flying airplane

Forrest Gump 9

Just wondering if anyone notice a low flying plane around a Cbus? It's a jet plane with engines on the back, not on the wings. It's not big enough to be a passenger plane but may be a private jet? I've seen it at least four times today, seems like it it's circling 270 belt.

Also for anyone on 670 west, take a nap. A red Toyota RAV4 is on fire about 1/4 mile before the 670-70 merge.

I was at the airport when it landed. The whole place went on high alert, lots of confusion and rushing around. Rumor was that it was some sort of covert search and rescue operation.

Security announcement said no photos, but I got one with my phone before being pushed away from the area. Not sure what it means, but figured CR would know .......

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/trentrbrts/9481417964_9d7b29180a_o_zpsxexln8ky.jpg

I was at the airport when it landed. The whole place went on high alert, lots of confusion and rushing around. Rumor was that it was some sort of covert search and rescue operation.

Security announcement said no photos, but I got one with my phone before being pushed away from the area. Not sure what it means, but figured CR would know .......

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/trentrbrts/9481417964_9d7b29180a_o_zpsxexln8ky.jpg

LOL, very well played Doc.

I think it's the heavy cloud over cast that force a lot of plane flying lower than normal. But that still doesn't explain the same plane over and over again.

Was it circling NW side of Columbus? Pattern for Don Scott airport (KOSU) is 270/315 area.

If a small, slower plane is first in line for a landing at KOSU, and a faster private jet flies into the airspace, ATC may require the jet to circle before the runway is clear.

Watched an eclipse jet do a base to final turn from inside 315 into Osu, Most badass thing I've seen in a while, was still half way through turn when the flaps and gear came down. I'm sure it was doing touch and goes somewhere. Being a jet cloud cover generally means nothing. It's all ifr anyways