Any plumbers? (Gas)

NWill

I need a gas line ran to my firebox . The basement is unfinished and looks fairly simple.

The house has been converted to electric but I'd like to hook the gas back up for a gas insert.

Any ideas on cost, etc? I can measure the run when I get home early this afternoon.

Thanks.

Interested in your setup and how it goes, what the quote is. We got a quote from a place near us to get a line installed for a gas insert. The heater & water heater are basically right below our fire place. Probably 3-5 feet of line total. They wanted about $1k to run the line. :dumb:

Anybody with some experience should know this anyway, but FYI line size and length of run can have an impact. Make sure the line you add is adequate. We initially had trouble with my dad's gas log because of such, and it was a tiny flame until we resolved it.

Interested in your setup and how it goes, what the quote is. We got a quote from a place near us to get a line installed for a gas insert. The heater & water heater are basically right below our fire place. Probably 3-5 feet of line total. They wanted about $1k to run the line. :dumb:

I was quoted over $600 for a run to my furnace. 5 foot up and 5 foot over.