College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry plays defense?

I'm not giving Henry credit for stopping Fournette, but for taking his lunch.

In other words, Henry said "gimme those stats", and preceded to run roughshod over LSU's D, when Fournette was all you heard about the last week.

Yeah, that game effectively killed Fournette's Heisman hopes and launched Henry's in earnest.

If everyone holds serve, I think the Clemson QB (Watson) wins it. He's the best player on what will be a playoff team (if not the #1 team) and has good stats and played decently in big games, like this week versus Florida State.

If Clemson loses, then their QB is out of contention.

If Zeke, Henry, or the kid from Stanford go bonkers, then they would leapfrog the Clemson QB and win it, especially if the Clemson QB doesn't put up great numbers.

I think a RB has a great shot of winning it this year. I think people currently have QB stats fatigue and just don't care about huge numbers anymore - mostly because everyone seems to have them. Hell, every QB in the B12 throws for like 500 yards and 5 TDs a game - in a losing effort.

Henry has put up huge numbers in all of Bamas big games this season

Wisconsin -147yards 3 td's

Ole miss - 127 yards 1 score

Georgia - 148 yards 1 score

T A&M- 236 yards 2 scores ( had over 150 yards In first quarter)

Tennessee- 143 yards 2 scores

LSU - 210 yards 3 scores

Other three games he was near 100 and had scores in it.

He is a front runner now

Henry has put up huge numbers in all of Bamas big games this season

Wisconsin -147yards 3 td's

Ole miss - 127 yards 1 score

Georgia - 148 yards 1 score

T A&M- 236 yards 2 scores ( had over 150 yards In first quarter)

Tennessee- 143 yards 2 scores

LSU - 210 yards 3 scores

Other three games he was near 100 and had scores in it.

He is a front runner now

He's behind Cook and Elliott still. He has very few receptions. His ypc is under 6 too.

Those front seven Ohio state has faced this year is terrible. No wonder he can get 100+ a game.

Although it's an impressive streak it's not an end all. Henry has more total yards and touchdowns this season.

And a quality loss, and that's what really counts.

Those front seven Ohio state has faced this year is terrible. No wonder he can get 100+ a game.

Although it's an impressive streak it's not an end all. Henry has more total yards and touchdowns this season.

It's too bad we don't know how Elliott would fare against and awesome Dline like Alabama's....wait a minute.,.

Virginia Tech and Penn State? Terrible? Lol.

Henry has 10 more yards and 3 more tds on 25 more carries. Lol oh and 16 fewer receptions.

Anyone wanna bet Bama jumps OSU this week in playoff polls? I fully expect OSU to be 4th

Dude, who gives a shit about the polls. I WANT them to jump up. Let the ESPN get on Alabamas dick again so we can stomp on it as the team that "doesn't belong".

The victory last year was so satisfying to watch. The look on sabans dumb fucking face was priceless.

Bamas dline is on another level then last years. I really hope the Buckeyes and Bama meet in the playoffs again this year.

Me too.

This time we won't have a third string QB that really can't throw all that well running an offense that he isn't really designed to run. Instead, we'll have Barrett running it, who we all know runs it far better than Cardale.

Oh and we will also have Braxton this year, who adds a wrinkle to the offense that wasn't there last year.

And I'm pretty sure our defense is playing appreciably better now than what it was last year. Speaking of dlines, I'll put Ohio State's up against anyone else's dline and feel confident that we'd come out okay.

I've said to anyone that would listen, if JT Barrett played in those three games last year that Cardale started, he would have thrown for about 1000 yards. Alabama would have been lucky to have been in the game.

Alabama's dline did great stopping a one-dimensional offense. Now let's see them cover in space against a fast, athletic team.

So, yeah, I hope they meet too.

Anyone wanna bet Bama jumps OSU this week in playoff polls? I fully expect OSU to be 4th

Yeah, and they should. They just handled the #2 team.

Ohio State likely and should drop to at least #4. Notre Dame will be #3, I think. Baylor might slide in at the #4 spot.

I'd expect Ohio State to be #5, honestly.

Also, in the AP poll, Ohio State got bumped from #1 spot by Clemson.

Yeah, and they should. They just handled the #2 team.

Ohio State likely and should drop to at least #4. Notre Dame will be #3, I think. Baylor might slide in at the #4 spot.

I'd expect Ohio State to be #5, honestly.

Also, in the AP poll, Ohio State got bumped from #1 spot by Clemson.

This... Sucks Michigan St shit the bed last night. Would've looked great for OSU to finish with MSU and Iowa all ranked high.

1. Clemson

2. Alabama

3. Baylor

4. Notre Dame

5. Ohio State

If i had to guess what polls will look like Tuesday. As for who cares, a lot of people on here in case you haven't noticed they are quite the conversation starter.

Me too.

This time we won't have a third string QB that really can't throw all that well running an offense that he isn't really designed to run. Instead, we'll have Barrett running it, who we all know runs it far better than Cardale.

Oh and we will also have Braxton this year, who adds a wrinkle to the offense that wasn't there last year.

And I'm pretty sure our defense is playing appreciably better now than what it was last year. Speaking of dlines, I'll put Ohio State's up against anyone else's dline and feel confident that we'd come out okay.

I've said to anyone that would listen, if JT Barrett played in those three games last year that Cardale started, he would have thrown for about 1000 yards. Alabama would have been lucky to have been in the game.

Alabama's dline did great stopping a one-dimensional offense. Now let's see them cover in space against a fast, athletic team.

So, yeah, I hope they meet too.

I hope they set up to face in NCG and not a semi final. The sugar bowl broke records for viewing, a NCG between those two would break every record ever.