College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to collectively apologize to Baylor.

The Bears aren't the most overrated team in the country. It's actually defending national champion Ohio State, which lost to Michigan State 17-14 at home on Saturday.

Somehow, it took us 12 weeks to figure out the Buckeyes aren't really that good. We weren't the only ones hoodwinked, though. The College Football Playoff selection committee thought so much of the Buckeyes that it ranked them No. 3 in each of the first three top-25 rankings

Even as Ohio State struggled to put away teams such as Northern Illinois, Indiana and Minnesota, we figured it would kick into gear once it played a game that really mattered. But the Buckeyes didn't, and now it's too late.

Hopefully, it's a valuable lesson for all of us: Last season doesn't (and shouldn't) matter when it comes to picking the four best teams for this season's playoff.

If Ohio State had played anyone of real consequence in the previous three months, we might have been exposed to the warts and boils that were festering behind the facade. What was supposed to be Urban Meyer's next dynasty was dismantled in about four hours Saturday.

Omg I'm loving this articles about Ohio state this morning LOL

I still say 48-4 is very impressive no matter where you are at. Records will fall. No one is on top forever. Unfortunately this is also college where your set up with new players to develope every year and for any coach that is not a easy task.

And it's been said before but il say it again, don't have a designed qb run when you have one of the best rb on your side. Michigan state played hard and exposed us just like they should have done and for that they get a solid W

I'm not hurt about the loss but like everyone else #ohiostateshouldbebetter

Big 12 imploded yesterday. So they will have a one loss team if not two loss team

Pac 12 is going to be a 2 loss champ

Big 10 is a one loss team ( I doubt Iowa stays unbeaten)

Sec is one loss

I hope Clemson clemsons in ACC champ game but prob not

My top four

Clemson

Bama

Oklahoma

Notre dame

I think the big 10 is left out of the CFP

Disappointing loss, but cannot win them all. I would of felt better had Ohio State played a great game and still lost, but they didn't. I see them dropping out of the top 10.

BTW Jive that snippet from the article you posted is pure garbage, but the Ohio State haters are gonna come out in full force jumping on the bandwagon. This team has the talent to be great but it seems like the coaching staff is failing them.

Funny how Ohio State loses to a top 10 team and is overrated, but Alabama is allowed to lose to Ole Miss (LOL) and they're not overrated at all. In fact, they are underrated. Weird how the media spins things huh? I mean how can a team that won a national championship the year before returning 88% of their starters be considered overrated? Any person with half a brain that watched that game knows the coaches completely ruined the game. Zeke was completely right and the coaches ABSOLUTELY deserve to be scrutinized for that horrendous game plan.

My question is, if Zeke was hurt and you weren't running him much, why not let Samuel run? He's been more than serviceable when he's played and we went away from our strength.

Our defense played very well for the most part. It's hard to completely stop a team when you're literally on the field for 80% of the game.

We still have a SMALL outside shot of getting in.

Things that need to happen...

1a) We must beat Michigan. Nothing below this matters if we lose that game.

1b) Michigan State must lose to Penn State. Nothing below this matters in MSU wins.

2) Notre Dame losing to Stanford will help.

3) Oklahoma State knocking off Oklahoma will help

4) Florida losing to FSU then beating Alabama in the SEC CG will help (long shot)

5) UNC beating Clemson in the ACC championship will help

6) Pretty much absolute chaos will help

I just really do not want to play Stanford or Utah. How fucking boring will that be...

Urban has final say on play calls I believe. Listen, I've said this before, the problem with this team has been "too many toy and WR issues. Cardale got shit on due to no deep threat and today we saw what a decent defense would do to the running game. Ohio State deserved to lose, the fact it was so close is a testament to the defense. Looking ahead to next year, its pretty bleak imo. The cupboard is about to be emptied and I begin to question Urban and how much longer he actually stays. There seems to be animosity from players towards him, I.E Zeke.

Lol! Such a t shirt fan as always. Cupoboard will be nowhere near emptied. It was supposed to be the year with this team due to experience, not due to a lack of talent behind them.

If you watch the Zeke interview there is NO animosity. A lot of those quotes were fed to him by the reporters.

I don't want to see this team anywhere close to a playoff. We'd get manhandled. This is not a good team right now

Plug Herman into this offense and we win last night by 24 points. Tim Beck HAS to go. The talent is there, the coaching is not. Urban is to blame as much as Beck as the offense still goes through him, but obviously his job is not on the line as it obviously shouldn't be. Give Beck the next 2 games and if our offense looks like the 2011 Boleman offense then I think it's clear. You don't return 88% of your starters from a national championship team and look like this all year. It's just unacceptable.

Funny how Ohio State loses to a top 10 team and is overrated, but Alabama is allowed to lose to Ole Miss (LOL) and they're not overrated at all. In fact, they are underrated. Weird how the media spins things huh? I mean how can a team that won a national championship the year before returning 88% of their starters be considered overrated? Any person with half a brain that watched that game knows the coaches completely ruined the game. Zeke was completely right and the coaches ABSOLUTELY deserve to be scrutinized for that horrendous game plan.

My question is, if Zeke was hurt and you weren't running him much, why not let Samuel run? He's been more than serviceable when he's played and we went away from our strength.

Our defense played very well for the most part. It's hard to completely stop a team when you're literally on the field for 80% of the game.

We still have a SMALL outside shot of getting in.

Things that need to happen...

1a) We must beat Michigan. Nothing below this matters if we lose that game.

1b) Michigan State must lose to Penn State. Nothing below this matters in MSU wins.

2) Notre Dame losing to Stanford will help.

3) Oklahoma State knocking off Oklahoma will help

4) Florida losing to FSU then beating Alabama in the SEC CG will help (long shot)

5) UNC beating Clemson in the ACC championship will help

6) Pretty much absolute chaos will help

I just really do not want to play Stanford or Utah. How fucking boring will that be...

Here is your problem with OSU, they haven't played a team rated in the top 30 until they played MSU. When you keep playing teams out of the top 25, shit is going to blow up once you meet a good team.

Urban is doing they same thing he did at Florida running the quarterback as main offense, remember (Tim Tebow) that's why he is not a Quarterback in the NFL. That shit doesn't work now, OSU lost their Offense Coordinator to Houston look at their record. OSU is going to have to go out and get an Offense Coordinator to compete against the elite teams.

Here is your problem with OSU, they haven't played a team rated in the top 30 until they played MSU. When you keep playing teams out of the top 25, shit is going to blow up once you meet a good team.

Yup and Bama is 7-1 against top 30 teams and only loss coming from a top 20 team. Not to mention they have the best defense in the past two decades atleast and they have number 8 SOS.

Sparty is 3-0 against top 30 teams and has the 48th ranked defense and a pretty low SOS.

In other news the entire sec west is bowl eligible again this year. I hope we get some sec vs b1g bowl games to shut up this sec overrated bullshit.

Yup and Bama is 7-1 against top 30 teams and only loss coming from a top 20 team. Not to mention they have the best defense in the past two decades atleast and they have number 8 SOS.

Sparty is 3-0 against top 30 teams and has the 48th ranked defense and a pretty low SOS.

In other news the entire sec west is bowl eligible again this year. I hope we get some sec vs b1g bowl games to shut up this sec overrated bullshit.

B1G is going to put a hurting on the SEC just like last year. The B1G is on the rise while the SEC is on the decline.

Urban is doing they same thing he did at Florida running the quarterback as main offense, remember (Tim Tebow) that's why he is not a Quarterback in the NFL. That shit doesn't work now, OSU lost their Offense Coordinator to Houston look at their record. OSU is going to have to go out and get an Offense Coordinator to compete against the elite teams.

We are elite and have been elite. Jesus h, we are the defending undisputed champs...Lost one game by a field goal against a good opponent. Watch, scUM is going to get a much different OSU this weekend, and people will question what happened. (maybe i am overly optimistic).

But you're right, the offensive coordinator beck/Warriner are certainly looking iffy. This offense will be fine next season as well. JT will be back, we will have wide outs, we will have samuel running the ball very well, watch. Next seasons team will be interesting, they will be a growing team, where as this team had already achieved everything, and MANY were looking at $$$ and lost their focus, cant blame them. Cook would not have made much difference last night either IMO, no one was going to throw the ball well.

In what universe has Bama played 8 top 30 teams? You're basically trying to say that every team that wasn't ULM, MTSU or Charleston Southern were top 30 teams? Haha... alright.

He's a typical SEC fan. He counts the teams that were ranked when they played even if they are a dumpster fire now. He counts Auburn as a top 15 win I'm sure.

So I was drunk all weekend and wasn't able to follow along with the thread during the game. If you watched Gameday, my crew was the Captain Barrett (Captain Morgan 'shop) and "Jordan Belfort wouldn't do a line off an MSU girl" sign. We got there around 4:30 and left at about 10. We're in every single shot with Kirk Herbstreit for the first hour.

Regarding the game, I 100% echo the previous comments. MSU is a solid defense, we knew the game was going to be close. Our playcalling was abysmal though. The one 3 and out that REALLY stuck with me though was after a HUGE stop by our D as MSU was driving, when we had the ball at around our 6 or something, and we're calling a fucking sweep shovel pass after a QB draw. Did Beck not want to win the game or something? QB runs are more effective with someone like JT when they're not designed, this isn't middle school pee-wee football here. Our defense played lights out. This game very well could have been a 21 point victory for the Spartans and our offense is solely to blame. I'm also a little upset at Urban not calling a timeout on Sparty's last drive. We absolutely should have called one when we had them at 3rd and 8 around the middle of the field, we desperately needed a stop and some time on the clock and that was our chance to regroup and focus. Sure enough, we get an offsides penalty and MSU gets a first down.

Anyway, Monday morning rambling. We're not completely out of playoff contention yet, but we need help now, so it's not looking good. I'll be cheering on the Hawkeyes for the rest of the year.

B1G is going to put a hurting on the SEC just like last year. The B1G is on the rise while the SEC is on the decline.

They split a 3-3 record last year during regular season and bowl games. Hardly a hurting. Also the sec vs big 10 is so lop sided in favor of the sec, Infact it's the conference it has dominated the most out of all conferences.

It will be interesting to see how the SEC does in bowl games this year. We are the conference with the most eligible teams right now.

In other sec news I fully expect LSU, Georgia and Auburn to be firing their coaches when the season is done. Lots of change happening in the off season.

In other sec news I fully expect LSU' date=' Georgia and Auburn to be firing their coaches when the season is done. Lots of change happening in the off season.[/quote']

idk about Auburn, but Georgia should have fired Richt years ago. I'm kind of surprised how Les Miles is suddenly on the hot seat, but as a Florida fan, it bodes well for us.

So I was drunk all weekend and wasn't able to follow along with the thread during the game. If you watched Gameday, my crew was the Captain Barrett (Captain Morgan 'shop) and "Jordan Belfort wouldn't do a line off an MSU girl" sign. We got there around 4:30 and left at about 10. We're in every single shot with Kirk Herbstreit for the first hour.

Regarding the game, I 100% echo the previous comments. MSU is a solid defense, we knew the game was going to be close. Our playcalling was abysmal though. The one 3 and out that REALLY stuck with me though was after a HUGE stop by our D as MSU was driving, when we had the ball at around our 6 or something, and we're calling a fucking sweep shovel pass after a QB draw. Did Beck not want to win the game or something? QB runs are more effective with someone like JT when they're not designed, this isn't middle school pee-wee football here. Our defense played lights out. This game very well could have been a 21 point victory for the Spartans and our offense is solely to blame. I'm also a little upset at Urban not calling a timeout on Sparty's last drive. We absolutely should have called one when we had them at 3rd and 8 around the middle of the field, we desperately needed a stop and some time on the clock and that was our chance to regroup and focus. Sure enough, we get an offsides penalty and MSU gets a first down.

Anyway, Monday morning rambling. We're not completely out of playoff contention yet, but we need help now, so it's not looking good. I'll be cheering on the Hawkeyes for the rest of the year.

LOL.... I guess people are pissed at Tim Beck.... I don't know what the answer is. I just don't see how do you have this much talent and experience on offense and can't do shit with it.

12249750_415371315322989_5100494310931943004_n.jpg?oh=ac8cda3c8f53b586fbe81080d04d0aa3&oe=56EF0641